PDA

View Full Version : Fail: Syncing my 9780 to Yahoo

gxpilot
03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I recently upgraded from an 8310 to a 9780. On the 8310 the device synced to Yahoo with no problems using the BB desktop application running on my Vista laptop. I chose Yahoo because it works with all 4 apps, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos.

I used the desktop application to transfer everything from the new phone to the new one. I set everything up to once more sync to Yahoo. Everything starts out well but when the desktop app is downloading the Calendar, Task or Memos to the laptop an error window pops up from Intelisync saying that the connection to the Yahoo server has been lost. If I setup the desktop application to only sync the Contacts, it works. Any of the other apps done singly caused this error.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

somerandomguy
03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Yahoo requires payment for external access through imap and the like.

if you've got a free account, you might not be allowed to sync things.

gxpilot
03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Good thought but it is a paid account through my ISP, Rogers, Canada.

gxpilot
03-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I have cured my problem by changing to another Yahoo account. Rogers, my ISP, buys their service from Yahoo and the @<hidden> domain is considered a Yahoo account. My old 8310 synced to this account, no problem. I also have an account with @<hidden> so I changed the setting in the BB Desktop to this account. Works great.

I''m still scratching my head as to what is causing this. Obviously, there's something in the 9780 that is causing the Yahoo server at Rogers to drop its connection. The same "something" doesn't seem to bother the server at @<hidden> Is this something that ver. 6 is causing? Maybe, or is it something unique to my 9780? That's entirely possible as I don't see anyone else having this issue. If anyone has some thoughts on this I sure would love to hear from you. Thanks.