PDA

View Full Version : Reporter Seeks BlackBerry Addicts

benning999
01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
A reporter for a major U.S. newspaper is working on a story about the RIM/NTP patent case. She's hoping to talk to die hard BlackBerry users about how they would repsond if the case results in a disruption in Blackberry service. How would it affect your life? Would your wife/husband be secretly thrilled? Do you have a contingency plan? She's interested in any and all thoughts. If you're interested in chatting, drop her a note at Benning999@<hidden>, and she'll write you back with more information about her story and the newspaper she works for.

KuJaX
01-23-2006, 10:02 PM
nice spam.

kurrupt_1
01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
user name same as email address......hmmm, speaking in the third party......what a joke.

514HH
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

If I didn't have my Blackberry I'd walk around with a laptop strapped around my shoulders like a baby jumper. This device has become integral in my life as I have 2 businesses to run and serve as a consultant to others. So I am never sitting down at my desk for more than an hour a day and am always on the go. Good thing I'm in Canada so this lawsuit won't effect my Blackberry use, although it would still effect how I communicate with many of US contacts.

finch
01-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Kindly stop cross-posting in every forum. If someone is interested they'll reply.

Steve
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM
For Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing users, the Blackberries are indespensible. We can't just replace them by picking up any ol' cellphone.

Realtime relay, e-mail, PIN messaging, IM, SMS, and TTY compatibility are many of the features this device has aside from voice and PDA functionality.

If NPT even HAD a device and servers to provide connectivity for disconnected RIM customers, then they might have a case. Otherwise, they got nothing but napkin sketches and a lawyer who is beside himself.

Steve