PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Blackberry 7290

nesshentai
01-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey guys,

This is gona sound stupid, but I forgot my system lock password, and all i see is "please insert password" but I keep entering the worng one!! Could someone please help me with this? My girlfriend got me it for my birthday and I don't want her to know about this lol. So if you know how I can fix it please let me know, thank you.

Thanks,

ness

andrebsd
01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
You're going to have to remember your password; and you'll have to remember it before you do 10 inproper entries. If not you will loose your data.

AFAIK: Even if you do it 10 times incorrect and it deletes your information, the password will remain on the unit. I do not believe there is any way around that.

finch
01-23-2006, 11:08 PM
First at least ake an attempt to post in the correct forum, what does this have to do with "Site Suggestions, Problems" (Moved) Second I find it hard to believe your new BB came with a password. It's either used or off the truck... enter the pass 10 time incorrect and it will wipe the device, then hope for the best no IT Policy etc.

nesshentai
01-24-2006, 12:18 AM
...That wasnt the answer I was hoping to hear, but Ill go to Pmal and see what I can do... btw would it be a good idea to enter the password 10 times? should I risk it?

Thanks again to all those who replied

markhutchison
01-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (7250/4.0.0.204: BlackBerry7250/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Entering the password 10 times renders the unit inoperable; but, when it's locked it's pretty inoperable as well. If it is a new unit and you cannot recall the password the only option is to have the unit replaced under the manufacturers warranty.

ShaneToronto
01-24-2006, 12:53 PM
my understanding is that the password would also be deleted and the unit would be usable once again, minus the data that was on it of course.

markhutchison
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
my understanding is that the password would also be deleted and the unit would be usable once again, minus the data that was on it of course.
In my experience it is not just a simple data-wipe that takes place; the operating system is also disabled. There may be some way of wiping the device clean (using javaloader perhaps...) and reloading the OS but intuition tells me otherwise.

stonent
01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
The cleanest wipe is doing a password 10 times incorrect from the app loader, when it comes back there is no password, the other way has a password still.

nesshentai
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I got it ^_^ I entered the password 10 times, and it wiped out everything, thus allowing me to restore.