PDA

View Full Version : longevity of BB

jonair
03-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Hi,
I am new to this blog. I have a BB 8520 Finalnd made, purchased about 10 months back. I would like to know how good it the handset and chances of a crash of the handset.

I happened to drop it once but didnt experience any problem. Also i have been using it a lot to watch movies and listen to songs. I dont use email facilities as Iam just a student. Also I use a lil too bit of wi fi to browse through.

So I want to know am I doing any harm to my handset .

Also how long does a black berry last. And the ways to increase its lifespan (not the lifespan of the battery but the handset itself)

Soon Iam gonna finish my warranty period.

PLS HELP ME GIVING INFO AS TO HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY BB AS I WONT GET ANOTHER PHONE IF I LOSE THIS>..... So i need to take good goody care of this

Dubdub
03-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Please don't double post. Your second thread has been deleted.

It will last as long as it lasts. Not much more I can say. If you treat it properly, it should last a long time.

Try not to drop it. Don't get it wet. Don't let the battery run completely down. It should last many years.

rambo47
03-24-2011, 12:52 PM
It may last only as long as you dont drop it or abuse it. Grady it right and you can see 2 to 3 years, maybe more. Most BB users upgrade to a new model long before their old one needs to be replaced.

tsac
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
One of the problems is carring it in a pocket. Get a belt carrier or slip to keep it in and remember it's an electronic device and treat it with care. The keys get dirty easy. do not allow it to be in a room with high moisture like a shower. Do not let the battery drain down to zero. Keep it charged. Download desktop manager to keep a backup of any data.

Trimix
03-28-2011, 12:22 PM
A screen protector helps as well.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile