PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Mode No Longer Working

HRom
01-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I am using the plastic holster that came with the 8700c. It used to be that when I placed the device in the holster the keyboard would lock and the screen would go blank (sleep mode). Recently I have noticed that the keyboard still locks but the backlight no longer shuts off when I put it in the holster. If the device is out of the holster, the backlight still shuts off after the preset time.

Any ideas why the change or what I can do to correct? Could it be related to new software I might have loaded recently (BB messenger, Screen Engager Dynamic 5, Repligo, BBWeather)?

RickCharles
01-24-2006, 06:57 PM
I have noticed the same thing with my 8700c. The keyboard will only lock though if the keyboard lock is selected before holstering. The backlight will go off after the 30 seconds, but if you spin the trackwheel, it will light back up. I have not installed any new software other than Google local.

RickCharles
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
After playing around with the holster and the BB, I don't think that the magnet on the new plastic holsters are positioned correctly. I can make it sleep by moving the magnet over the spot on the right side of the space bar. The magnet is too small and not positioned correctly to keep the BB in sleep mode while in the holster. Frustrating.

MobileAGBell
01-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm having the same problem. When holstered my 8700c will not go to sleep mode at times, especially when I use the holster in a horizontal mode. If I press in on the 8700, towards the holster on the lower portion of the unit after it's holstered, it immediately goes to sleep mode. I have one of the newer holsters but it seems that with use, the 8700 does not stay as close to the magnet area as when new.

This is beginning to sound like a holster design issue.

VolvoGrrrr
01-25-2006, 09:26 AM
My holster is working fine. When I have my 8700 in the holster and spin the trackwheel, the display does not light up. Also have tested it with the "lock on holstering" option. When I put the BB in, it locks (when you take it back out, you can tell).

I received my 8700 last week.