PDA

View Full Version : Remove clip from OEM holster?

eykhong
01-24-2006, 08:52 PM
I think I know the answer to this (probably no), but does anyone know if it is possible to remove the clip from the OEM 8700 holster? Not everyone wants it fashionably hanging from their belt ...

Supposing the answer is no, does anyone have a recommendation for the best case out there without a clip or at least have a removable one? Low profile is the key for me so I can carry it in my pocket. I'm leaning towards the Fortte case. Comments appreciated.

bpdunsta
01-30-2006, 12:36 AM
I think I know the answer to this (probably no), but does anyone know if it is possible to remove the clip from the OEM 8700 holster? Not everyone wants it fashionably hanging from their belt ...

Supposing the answer is no, does anyone have a recommendation for the best case out there without a clip or at least have a removable one? Low profile is the key for me so I can carry it in my pocket. I'm leaning towards the Fortte case. Comments appreciated.

It takes some "elbow grease" but the clip will "pop" off.

CrackWheel
01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
I just popped mine off with a flat head screw driver...

eykhong
01-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the tips. Does this break the clip off and render it useless, or can it be "popped" back on if desired?

bpdunsta
01-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the tips. Does this break the clip off and render it useless, or can it be "popped" back on if desired?

It can be popped back on, but then the clip is a little "looser".....it rattles more when the BB vibrates. Also, if you like the BB to be horizontal on your belt, it holster ends up "ratcheting" a click or two instead of holding at the point you left it.