PDA

View Full Version : Converting Palm VIIX entries to Blackberry 7105

comacho
01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I have a Palm VIIX with all my names and contacts in it. I have a 7105 on the way, but I don't know how to send the files from my palm pilot to my Blackberry. Can this be done?

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Comacho
B'ham, AL

CBR900RR
01-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Two way you can do it, the desktop manager 4.1 have the option to syn the palm and BB when both are plug in on the usb port, second way is syn it with outlook and then back to BB.

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2006, 03:56 AM
the desktop manager 4.1 have the option to syn the palm and BB when both are plug in on the usb port.
Really? News to me. I don't think so.

comacho - on the Palm CD there is a program called "Palm Conduits for Outlook". Install them and they will allow you to sync your Palm with Outlook. Then install the Desktop Manager program for the BlackBerry, and sync the contacts from Outlook to the BlackBerry.

Been using that method for yours.

CBR900RR
01-25-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't have a palm, but saw this on the desktop manager intellisync, I might be wrong.

Also the readme file on desktop manager 4.1
- Added data import wizard that imports PIM data from a Palm®/Treo™ device or a Windows Mobile™-based device to a BlackBerry device. Contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos can be imported. Note that the BlackBerry Desktop Software must be running on a computer with Windows 2000 or later. For this release, the import functionality is available in the English language Desktop Software install only.

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/tacoma1/Intellisync.JPG

NJBlackBerry
01-25-2006, 05:18 AM
I stand corrected and admonished. DM 4.1 does indeed have that new option. Thank you for pointing it out. Yippee - no more looking for the Palm CD that people threw out!

Excellent and thanks for the details pictures!

Mary Ann
01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Never mind!

Blackberry fiend
02-03-2006, 01:33 AM
The admonition, shown in the screenshot, that the Palm device needs to be connected to the computer is incorrect. All you need is the Palm Desktop application on the computer and the Blackberry Desktop Manager to move contacts to your attached Blackberry. The Palm device does not need to be/cannot(?) be simultaneously connected. Of course the Palm desktop app needs to be in synch with the Palm device to get all the contacts imported.