PDA

View Full Version : No Picture/Audio/Video Messaging Option?

braambo
04-12-2011, 06:02 PM
At the moment my Blackberry isn't activated, I was just wondering if this was something to do with that..
When I go to text messages all I can see is Compose Text Message, and under "Compose Other" all I have is options between Compose Email, Compose PIN, and Instant Message...

There is no Blackberry Logo right now by my 3G logo next to my signal bars, is this the reason why? And once reactivated will these features reappear or do I have to update or change something within the phone?
I don't wanna pay and reactivate the phone and not have these features functioning..

One person I talked to in my local area said I have to Request Service books to get Picture/Video/Audio Messaging Features back once I activate the phone, is this true?

The phone is a Blackberry Bold 9650 for Verizon & Unlocked in case my info to the left doesn't show it ;-)
Thanks! :smile:

braambo
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Okay, simply put, what took away my MMS functions? Was it when I loaded OS6 or because the Blackberry is currently inactive? Really would love to figure this out so I can use my Blackberry..

rambo47
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
In order to use MMS you need the correct service books from your carrier. You only get those when you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account and your BlackBerry is active. If Immix supports BlackBerrys and offers the right data plan, not a generic smartphone data plan, it will work.

Motorcycle Mama
04-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes, as noted, MMS requires BlackBerry Data on a BlackBerry.

In addition, on OS 6.0, you would go to Compose Text Message > menu > Attach and it will switch to MMS.

braambo
04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
So basically the only way these features will show up on my Blackberry again is when I re activate it, and the Blackberry logo appears on screen by the Blackberry Logo near the Signal and I request the service books?
And what do I ask my Carrier (Verizon Wireless)? Tell them to send Service Books for MMS Multimedia Messaging?

Does anyone happen to personally know if a regular rep can perform this, or if I need to talk to a tech support rep at Verizon Wireless?

Can going here and typing in my Blackberry's Information also send the required Service Books: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en ?

Also I heard I could go to Options>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table> Blackberry Key and Select Register Now, and it will say "Registration message sent !"

Cause my WiFi is working good, and I seen online some people reporting when they upgraded to OS 6.0 that they're MMS & WiFi stopped working...So if it's just my MMS not working, I shouldn't have to wipe and redo the whole phone then should I?
And if I would have to, what kind of things would be able to tell me whether not I will have to wipe the phone, or simply just need the Service Books?

I will be using it will Verizon Wireless since that's what Network the phone is branded for and works best with.

And Thank You all again for the help, and I apologize for some of my ignorant comments I made on a thread last time I visited the forums here... I was going through a bad time in my life...

:smile:

Motorcycle Mama
04-14-2011, 06:04 AM
Once the device is active on your Verizon account, you should be able to log in to the Email Settings icon on the device (or the BIS page from a computer) and resend the Service Books.

All the Service Books are sent together. You don't have to request specific ones.

You can re-register the Host Routing Table too, although that will probably happen automatically.

It doesn't seem like wiping the device is warranted at this point if MMS is all that isn't working.