PDA

View Full Version : 8700 and a new ring issue

drgoodtymes
01-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Okay, see if any has had, or has heard or not heard of this one.

I have a BB8700c software version 4.1.0.206

Here is the new problem that started today. When I go into profiles and select a ring, it rings at the volume that I have it set on, i.e. MEDIUM on both in holster and out of holster.

However when someone calls me, the ring is very quiet. I am guessing its a software related issue vs a hardware one, since when I go to profiles to that active profile it works just fine.

any thoughts?

AlbertoM
01-25-2006, 12:32 AM
I think I read somewhere around here that's a known issue...

Seattle18
01-25-2006, 02:55 AM
I think what you are talking about is the ring volume not being as loud as you set it in the profiles menu, right? If so, then this is a common question with answers abundant in here, but I will give you the skinny on it. When you use your speakerphone feature on the 8700 and then finish a call while using speakerphone, the volume for your active profile remains at that volume level. So what you need to do is make/take a call, use the speakerphone, turn the volume up all the way while in speakerphone mode, then end the call. Then your profile volume settings should be correct. I think there is a fix for this coming out soon.

If I misunderstood your question and this is not the right answer, I apologize in advance...

drgoodtymes
01-25-2006, 10:51 AM
seattle18, I did search and couldn't seem to locate anything, but I appricate you input. Your suggested method worked like a charm, ring volume is now back to where it should be. I guess its like anything, new with bugs. Thank you

Seattle18
01-25-2006, 11:05 AM
seattle18, I did search and couldn't seem to locate anything, but I appricate you input. Your suggested method worked like a charm, ring volume is now back to where it should be. I guess its like anything, new with bugs. Thank you
You're welcome. Searches can be a bit frustrating in here, I know. And as for this particular bug, I have gotten so used to rolling that trackwheel all the way up at the end of every speakerphone call that even after a fix comes I will probably still do it! :razz:

Jelly Bean
01-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanx for the tip, worked great here too, thanx...mine was totally set too low!
When the fix comes in let us know though