PDA

View Full Version : blackberry bridge tab blank

VR6
04-20-2011, 12:59 PM
when I pair with my 9800 I have access to all my BB msg and notes and calendar but there's a new tab that appears call "Blackberry Bridge" that should have all the bridge icons in there but it's blank and I can't move any of the icons in there

anyone else getting this? is it a bug?

juwaack68
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
How are you accessing those apps if you don't see the icons under the Bridge tab? Do they show under the 'All' tab?

BTW, not happening to me.....sounds weird. You can restart the device by holding the power button in for several seconds.

VR6
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
yep, they're under the ALL tab but when I try to move them to the BBB tab it doesn't take

Also FYI I'm on .1690 firmware

ZombieBerry
04-20-2011, 01:16 PM
You can also select and hold any of the 7 bridge icons until they throb. Then drag them to the blackberry bridge tab until the tab highlights, then release. If you have the icon in all you can move it to any folder and then you will have both. You can delete the one that you don't want to keep.

juwaack68
04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
^^ Thanks, a new tip. Love it.

VR6
04-20-2011, 01:38 PM
You can also select and hold any of the 7 bridge icons until they throb. Then drag them to the blackberry bridge tab until the tab highlights, then release. If you have the icon in all you can move it to any folder and then you will have both. You can delete the one that you don't want to keep.

that's the method I use but when I drag it to the BBB tab it doesn't highlight so it won't allow me to move it.

I think it's related to my Bridge pairing. I can't bridge it successfully through the wizard or even manually. I have to exit and try to connect through the BBB settings menu. It's really weird but that must be it.

VR6
04-20-2011, 02:12 PM
alright, thanks guys I answered my own question...but you guys helped me get there!

paired a different BB 9000 and it worked fine showing the BBB tab full of BB icons, then switched back to my regular 9800, deleted all connections and repaired it...AND IT WORKED

now all icons are in the BBB tab as they should be!

knottyrope
08-10-2011, 11:49 PM
alright, thanks guys I answered my own question...but you guys helped me get there!

paired a different BB 9000 and it worked fine showing the BBB tab full of BB icons, then switched back to my regular 9800, deleted all connections and repaired it...AND IT WORKED

now all icons are in the BBB tab as they should be!

ggod to hear it, lets hope all versions work this way

AlanM
08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
I had this same issue and fixed it by backing up the PB, wiping it, pairing the PB back up via bridge, then restoring the backed up data. I had tried repairing the original BB to the PB, but had gotten no where. I didn't think of trying to pair another BB first. I've found BB Bridge and the PB a little finicky about switching BBs on the PB. To swap them around is not as clean as the first pairing.

BTW, anyone not like the fact when you wipe the PB, it has to do an update, even though you are already at the latest code?