PDA

View Full Version : Best BB for a Woman on the Go?

WhitneyAC
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi! I'm Whitney! I am a Sprint customer and I used to have a Blackberry from 2004-2010. Last year, I decided to "keep up with the Joneses" and go to Android, but still had my cute little purple BB Curve 8530 just in case.

So now we're in 2011, and I currently have the Samsung Epic (with my upgrade) and I regret. I'm not all for the fancy stuff...just keep things simple...like Blackberry. So I will be returning to the Blackberry Team as soon as possible!
(Sadly I can't swap again w/ Sprint with my upgrade...so I might have to trade the Epic or buy off Ebay or Craigslist or trade it in...)

Anyway, I am a 25 year old on the go...with work and other organizations I deal with on a daily basis, and I'd like to know if my BB Curve 8530 is the best for me, or the BB Tour 9630 or BB Bold 9650? I love emailing, texting, calling while out doing field work, and of course...Tweeting. lol and I miss BBM!!! :-)

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Dubdub
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
What is best for you is hard to say, since we aren't you.

My advice is that if the 8530 works and does what you need it to do, then maybe it is the best for you. Since you are on Sprint, you are somewhat limited as to the models you get. And there are new CDMA models coming out this year. Which come to Sprint is any one's guess.

AnthroMatt
04-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Aside from the better camera and international roaming capabilities, the Bold/Tour won't really offer you much more than your 8530. So I agree with the above, that getting a Tour or Bold won't make much sense.

You didn't mention the Style, so I suspect you are not interested in a flip phone. But if you are, I used the Style for about 4 months (it actually replaced my Epic, which I grew to loathe) until I switched to AT&T 2 weeks ago. I actually really liked it...a lot more than I ever thought I would. It has a better camera than the Bold/Tour and a better screen than your 8530. If it is something you would consider, you could easily get one for less than what you would get in return if you were to sell your Epic.

southwestcomm
04-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Similar to AnthroMatt I think the Style is a great phone. I like the fact it is a clam shell. It is easier to carry in a pocket and the device works great.

rambo47
04-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the Style's size and general usability. As a former 8200 Pearl Flip user I was all set to loath the Style, but the size of the screen and keyboard was great. RIM got it right with this flip BlackBerry.