PDA

View Full Version : Bridge fix from RIM

muratcolakoglu
04-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Bridge Fix from RIM

"Hello

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please try the following:
- Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
- Go to Options
- Go to Network and Connections
- Go to Bluetooth Connections
- Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
- Uncheck all options under Message Services
- Press the Back button and choose to Save
- Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
- Select Options
- Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
- Press the Back button and choose Save

After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us."

pyro451
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
What, exactly, does this fix?

muratcolakoglu
04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Bridge issue.

NJBlackBerry
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Which bridge issue?

muratcolakoglu
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
This post is for the people who has got issue wlth bridgeing Blackberrp phone with Playbook. If you ask which issue, that means you don't have issue. Then why do you ask?

stevetaz
04-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Ummmmm because there may be several issues and we would like to know which this is intended to fix? Or maybe we would like to know in case someone else mentions an issue and we can direct them properly?

ifonline
04-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I love watching train wrecks. Anyone got any popcorn?

pyro451
04-25-2011, 04:03 PM
This post is for the people who has got issue wlth bridgeing Blackberrp phone with Playbook. If you ask which issue, that means you don't have issue. Then why do you ask?

I have bridged my ATT torch to my playbook, but can not browse the files on the media card.

If this procedure fixes that issue, then THANK YOU! If not, I don't want to risk breaking something that is working.

smoothadmin
04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Make sure your Playbook has the latest firmware, then download and install DM 6.0.2 and install it on your PC if you haven't already done so. Plug your phone into your PC and let windows detect it. See if there is a firmware update for your phone, if so do a full backup first (to be safe) then update your phone.

Every person I have done this for thus far has had out dated software on their phones, as soon as they were updated the bridging between their BB and Playbook worked.

The last customer I did this for spend all of last night on the phone wth RIM and got nowhere in the end as RIM themselves couldn't figure out why the bridging didn't work...she had the newer 8520 blackberry...

Andrew

stevetaz
04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
There appears to be a warning for Enterprise users so consult with your Admin before installing DM 6.0 if you are currently using DM5.0:
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a BlackBerry Enterprise Server user, do not install BlackBerry Desktop Software v6.0 before consulting your administrator or referring to KB23745 (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23745)

smoothadmin
04-29-2011, 05:50 AM
There appears to be a warning for Enterprise users so consult with your Admin before installing DM 6.0 if you are currently using DM5.0:
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a BlackBerry Enterprise Server user, do not install BlackBerry Desktop Software v6.0 before consulting your administrator or referring to KB23745 (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23745)

If you're providing BES service to the end user there shouldn't be any need for conflict for two reason. 1. there is a mini installer on the Playbook itself just so you can access the Playbook's folders and you can also charge it on your computer, and 2. If the IT admin was smart enough he would tell the end user not to setup his DM using the BES setup as most users just want to be able to use their office computers to charge up their blackberry devices.

A.

knottyrope
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Bridge Fix from RIM

"Hello

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Please try the following:
- Delete Bluetooth pairs on both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook
- Go to Options
- Go to Network and Connections
- Go to Bluetooth Connections
- Press the menu key and choose MAP Options
- Uncheck all options under Message Services
- Press the Back button and choose to Save
- Within the Bluetooth Connections screen, press the menu key
- Select Options
- Under Serial Port Profile, uncheck everything but Data Transfer
- Press the Back button and choose Save

After going through these steps, please restart both the BlackBerry Smartphone and the PlayBook then attempt to use BlackBerry Bridge again.

made my bridge connection a lot faster on my 9800 and helps out on my 9810 too