PDA

View Full Version : Various BB on BES -- play nice with admins?

BlackerBerry
01-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I tried to search, but came up with nothing that answered my questions. This is probably a routine question for an admin and many seasoned users.

I'm going to receive my 8700c tomorrow (YAY!) and I plan on using it with Cingular service (in the beginning, at least). Our firm incorporates an army of 7290s (on Tmobile) and BES. Would it be difficult for the admin to add the 8700 to the existing network? Meaning...would I be causing him a headache?

Currently, the employees all receive their BBs from the firm, hence their data plan is covered directly by the firm. I would get reimbursed on a monthly basis for the unlimited data charge I would incur.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should approach the admins? For instance, would it make sense for me to unlock the 8700 and put it on Tmobile? (I would rather not do that, else I would lose my rebate option from Amazon, etc.) Is there anything I should be warned of (or be looking forward to)?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Wiseass
01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Short and quick, no troubles. I've added Nextel, Cingular and T-mobile all on the same BES here.

Inphektion
01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
As a BES admin it makes no difference whatsoever what network the user is on.