PDA

View Full Version : New playbook, I have a couple of questions

CassBerry
05-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone, just 2 quick questions...

I downloaded an exe (game) directly to my playbook from a website, but I can't find it to open it and run it? no icon, I can't see where it is stored?

other question is I am running my playbook on wifi, wondering when I am away from home will it automatically switch to bell and my data plan?

Motorcycle Mama
05-01-2011, 09:24 AM
1. The PlayBook can't run .EXE files.

2. No. You have to manually select Internet Tethering in the Options.

CassBerry
05-01-2011, 09:58 AM
darn about the .exe, so now that I have downloaded it, how to I find it and remove it?

Motorcycle Mama
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Try connecting the PlayBook to your WiFi network and map the network drive and see if the file is in the "Downloads" folder. If you can access it that way, you should be able to delete it.

Or in the PlayBook browser, type file:/// and press return and see if you can find it that way.

No idea how to delete it, though.

Just curious why you downloaded it to begin with. Just curious what made you think that the PlayBook OS could run .EXE files which are for the Windows operating system?

CassBerry
05-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Just curious why you downloaded it to begin with. Just curious what made you think that the PlayBook OS could run .EXE files which are for the Windows operating system?

I was trying to see if I could play games on my playbook at pogo.com the gameroom would not load in the browser, but I noticed they had a downloadable version of it. I thought I could just download it and it would work.