PDA

View Full Version : My Blackberry 9700 does not have the option of permanently staying on the 3G network.

MattMilz
05-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I have a BB Bold 9700 with OS 6 on, and it will not allow me the option to have the network permanently on 3G. It only has the options 2G&3G and 2G. All my friends (same carrier and models) have the options to switching it just on 3G... What can I do to fix this?! My phone is always on GPRS and I don't want that!!! HELP!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Wolf_Dreams
05-05-2011, 01:45 AM
I have a BB Bold 9700 with OS 6 on, and it will not allow me the option to have the network permanently on 3G. It only has the options 2G&3G and 2G. All my friends (same carrier and models) have the options to switching it just on 3G... What can I do to fix this?! My phone is always on GPRS and I don't want that!!! HELP!!

Simple. You need to update your OS.

Download and install a newer version for the 9700. (Any carrier version or leak, doesn't matter)

After its installed to the PC, delete the vendor.xml

Found in C,program files,common files,research in motion,apploader

Delete it, then plug in your BB, double-click on loader.exe in that same folder and upgrade the OS

By deleting the Vendor.xml you have essentially "jail-broken" your bold. All features and options of the OS are now available to you.

3G only option will work now :)

Here is Bell Mobility's latest 6.0.0.534 Official OS. There's a form to fill out. Download and install it to PC.... THEN delete the vendor.xml file and finally, install it to the device (as above)

9700/6.0.0.534 Bell Official
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=9788E309B4C50AE7ABD4904443787274.node1

penguin3107
05-05-2011, 05:42 AM
No, not so simple. This option isn't available to all devices, based on the carrier branding.
No amount of OS updating will change this.

By deleting the Vendor.xml you have essentially "jail-broken" your bold. All features and options of the OS are now available to you.
This is so incorrect, it's almost laughable.

NJBlackBerry
05-05-2011, 05:45 AM
It is completely laughable and not almost laughable.

yahjoogooleh
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Download and install a newer version for the 9700. (Any carrier version or leak, doesn't matter)

Delete it, then plug in your BB, double-click on loader.exe in that same folder and upgrade the OS

Here is Bell Mobility's latest 6.0.0.534 Official OS. There's a form to fill out. Download and install it to PC.... THEN delete the vendor.xml file and finally, install it to the device (as above)

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=9788E309B4C50AE7ABD4904443787274.node1

hahaha:cry::cry:

mieunu
05-08-2011, 11:20 PM
It is completely laughable and not almost laughable.

when out of service 3G, you must restart your phone.:?:?

NJBlackBerry
05-09-2011, 05:04 AM
What?

muhammedbelim
05-20-2011, 06:19 AM

Seriously now, did this work for you? I have the samr problem with T mobile and I'm really desperate to have it fixed.

penguin3107
05-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Seriously now, did this work for you?

I'll take the liberty to answer on that user's behalf.
No, it didn't work for him. That user doesn't understand the issue.

Thiego-uk
05-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Im on TMob-UK and I havent the option of staying on 3G only. Yet, cant see a reason to have 3G only if Im passing by a area where I'll be without 3G and probably without coverage if I had this status set. If you dont have 3G connection try to turn off and back on your Mobile Network, when you refresh you may get a better signal on a closer tower, may not...