PDA

View Full Version : What's the counter in txt msg?

theBorg
01-26-2006, 12:41 AM
On a 7100t when composing a text msg, in the top right corner there's some kind of counter that looks like "723/1". What is this? What does it mean?

It seems to indicate # of characters remaining/#of sms required to transmit.... but an SMS is quite smaller than 723.

The counter may be specific to the O2 theme.

Grazia,
-mikeT

jontalotta
01-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Text messages are limited in size by the number of characters that can be typed. That counter tells you how many characters you can type into the message, and how many you already have typed -- [characters left]/[characters typed].

d_fisher
01-26-2006, 01:33 AM
I thought it was [characters left]\[number of pages]. Once you type a certain number of characters the message is broken into multiple pages. At least that is the way it seems to be on my 7100t.

Doug

penk
01-26-2006, 10:05 AM
I thought it was [characters left]\[number of pages].i think this is the right answer.

one of the small, but substantial improvements to the 4.1 OS. what good is knowing the character count if you can't always recall the default SMS cut-off for multi-part messaging? especially since the counter was a countdown!

i love to cram my messages full and will often edit and revise several times to make sure it all fits into one "send". on other handsets it's always been easy, and now it is on my 'berry, too!

man, i love this 4.1 goodness.

jontalotta
01-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I thought it was [characters left]\[number of pages].
My mistake. Thanks for catching that. JT