PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Connect to Internet

BlackIsleBlue
05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
A while ago I changed tarriff and at midnight that night my internet ceased to work.

I have ensured that the Blackberry settings are part of my tarriff.

When I attempt to go online I get the message 'There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later.'

I have tried everything the service provider has suggested (hard reset etc...).

Any ideas?

Thanks

BIB

Dubdub
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Sounds to me like you do not have a BB data plan/tariff.

I suggest that you re-register using the Host Routing Table on the device and do a battery pull. Re-registering will automatically reset you on the network and resend the service books. Pulling the battery while the device is on will clear the memory and reboot the BB.

Register Host Routing Table

For BlackBerry Device OS6:

Open the options, and search xxx8220;host routing tablexxx8221; and do the same thing mentioned above.

Select Advanced Options
Select Host Routing Table
Click the BB menu, select Register Now
Unplug the battery

BlackIsleBlue
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm trying that and getting the message 'Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available.'

Still nothing. I've connected to my Wifi in an attempt to do it that way.

Dubdub
05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Are you in an O2 coverage area?

Probably won't be able to connect to WiFi until O2 sends the service books.

I suggest you call your carrier's tech support and see if they can help troubleshoot.

anar_baku
05-11-2011, 08:43 AM
My best guess is whatever plan the guy changed you to, it doesn't include the BlackBerry service. Simply getting a tariff with data plan won't necessarily give you the BlackBerry service - this is usually separate (although in most cases operators bundle it together and it's not listed separately). The BlackBerry service itself is worth approx £5 a month, although as I mentioned they usually bundle this cost to the overall plan cost.

The guy who changed your plan may not have been knowledgeable enough, so I would call your operator again and ensure you specifically have the BB service on.