PDA

View Full Version : How to block caller id?

mcg-doc
01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Gang:

Iím new to this forum and Blackberry in general. I just activated my 7105t. The guide that came with the phone is atrociously bad. Iím yet to figure out most fanctionalities. Can some one tell me how to prevent the receiving party from seeing my phone number? In the other words, how do I block the transition of my caller id?

Thanks!

d_fisher
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Phone > Options > General Options > Restrict My Identity = YES

Note: If you change this, you will not be able to access your voicemail automatically because T-Mobile doesn't know what number is calling.

mcg-doc
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks!

BTW, is there a manual that covers it?

jrhanley
01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
There is another way to not show the ID for just one call. You can also keep it in the address book so that the particular person will never know your number (if you want it that way). This will enable you to get your voice mail by just dialing because your number will be accessable to everyone except those you do not want to see your number. The way to do it is put *67 in front of the number you wish to dial.

Nsupporter
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
iunno

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 02:37 PM
There is another way to not show the ID for just one call. You can also keep it in the address book so that the particular person will never know your number (if you want it that way). This will enable you to get your voice mail by just dialing because your number will be accessable to everyone except those you do not want to see your number. The way to do it is put *67 in front of the number you wish to dial.

Excellent! That's my quota of learning 2 new things in a day....I'm going home ;-)