PDA

View Full Version : Reboot how?

sonydude23
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Aside from removing the battery, what are the keys to reboot?

The :alt: :cap: :del: does not work.

KonTiki
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Aside from removing the battery, what are the keys to reboot?

The :alt: :cap: :del: does not work.

They have to be held down until it starts to reboot, it is just not hitting them and waiting, this is done this way to prevent accidental reboots.

Nsupporter
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
They have to be held down until it starts to reboot, it is just not hitting them and waiting, this is done this way to prevent accidental reboots.

He is incorrect

scroll through the menu and select "turn power off"

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Really? When I had a 7100 - admittedly when it first came out - I could never boot it from the keyboard. I had to pop out the battery.

Michbb
01-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Doesn't work on my 7100t

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Doesn't work on my 7100t
<shh> don't tell anyone - it doesn't work on any 7100...

Michbb
01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
<shh> don't tell anyone - it doesn't work on any 7100...

Maybe I should go upgrade to the 8700???

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Day one I complained to RIM about this one (and a bunch of other items) which are not in the 7100. Fortunately I use the 8700 :-)

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Day one I complained to RIM about this one (and a bunch of other items) which are not in the 7100.

Did you complain about not shortcut for finding all sent items? ALT-OP only gives me the phone call logs....which I could care less about.

Having to go thru the entire Search menu to find Sent items is a PITA.

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Yup; complained about that one.

jontalotta
01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Did you complain about not shortcut for finding all sent items? ALT-OP only gives me the phone call logs....which I could care less about.

Having to go thru the entire Search menu to find Sent items is a PITA.

Why can't you create a saved search and assign a key to it - e.g., ALT+O for outgoing only. Messages>Options>Search>Recall and you get a list of saved searches which you can edit, delete or add new ones, and assign a key to each one. Works fine, just have to be in Messages screen to invoke.

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Why can't you create a saved search and assign a key to it - e.g., ALT+O for outgoing only. Messages>Options>Search>Recall and you get a list of saved searches which you can edit, delete or add new ones, and assign a key to each one. Works fine, just have to be in Messages screen to invoke.

Cuz I'm blonde and I didn't even know searches could be saved.... :oops:

Great idea, though! Just did it and that's SWELL!

sonydude23
01-26-2006, 03:09 PM

Going back to the initial question - no?

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 03:14 PM
No, that key combination does not reboot a 7100.

KonTiki
01-26-2006, 03:24 PM
No, that key combination does not reboot a 7100.

Well I am sorry, I was only trying to help, it seems that when people do not know how to do something they ask. If one answers in what one thinks is the best posibility, the same people in need develop an attitude. In my eyes, and for my part, all that gains is the stance of, in the future I wont try to help at all. I just hope that not everyone winds up feeling the same way because then you are going to be completely SOL. Your welcomed.

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Well I am sorry, I was only trying to help, it seems that when people do not know how to do something they ask. If one answers in what one thinks is the best posibility, the same people in need develop an attitude. In my eyes, and for my part, all that gains is the stance of, in the future I wont try to help at all. I just hope that not everyone winds up feeling the same way because then you are going to be completely SOL. Your welcomed.

Gosh, sorry if you're offended, but I wasn't answering anything you wrote, only the question prior to my answer where the original poster wanted clarification on the original question...... was just giving a simple yes or no. No need to jump down my throat.

myownminerva
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
He is incorrect

scroll through the menu and select "turn power off"
you're not very smart kid. (quote ^^)

but yeah..the soft reboot doesnt work with the 7100

NJBlackBerry
01-26-2006, 04:00 PM
And that isn't a reboot.

I am closing this thread because it got nasty. Thanks to all who messed it up.