PDA

View Full Version : Live Cams IP Cam - absolutely NO support.

aserthujsfjklnasgiopjhIOP
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Couldn't get this program to work and after 4 ignored emails from the developer I've pretty much kissed my $10.00 goodbye. I can't even get a response from anyone from RIM. I'd be a fool to buy anymore apps before this is resolved. Hey Blackberry, you're not the only show in town.

hrbuckley
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Probably the only time we'll see that user so not much point in letting them know this board isn't associated with RIM.

rambo47
05-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Or to remind him the developer of the app is at whom he should be directing his rage.

aserthujsfjklnasgiopjhIOP
05-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I have directed my rage at the developer, I made that VERY clear.

tsac
05-13-2011, 07:36 PM
And for some reason think RIM reads the posts here. Other than a rant it might have helped if you detailed how you were set up and what you tried.

I looked at the App World info on this app.
Problems
They also claim to support just about every camera in the world.
The screen shots are NOT a blackberry but views from possibly a PC.
No real email address a company would use. just Gmail

I have used a remote cam to view the street outside my work location and other places I have placed cams from my BB. In all cases with a bit of configuration setup they have worked. I found doing a setup with a PC first then testing with a PC remotly gave the best indication they would work. You have to remember the avarage camera will refresh the screen at either 15 or 30 frames per second and in just about every case that exceeds the ability of the cell network( reguardless of what the carrier tells you) to forward data. I used a Dlink cam, Panasonic, AXIS , Airlink and others with built in internet server. Some set up easy and some need a bit of tweeking. One thing that insured sucess was doing simple single snaps. Using the BB browser refresh allowed image update. The AXIS camera allowed slow refresh rates that allowed motion. Not the type you get with a direct connection but over a cell network it was good.

Now for the really big item......i never used an App just the standard browser on the BB.

rambo47
05-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I have directed my rage at the developer, I made that VERY clear.

No, you said you've contacted the dev and kissed your $$ goodbye. Then you complained about not getting a response from RIM, who incidentally doesn't provide support - the carriers do - and you said "Hey Blackberry, you're not the only show in town."

Sounds like you're disappointed with the developer and very angry with RIM.

tsac
05-14-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure he knows who he's mad at but if he reads my post he may discover something. I never needed an app to see a web cam i installed.