PDA

View Full Version : Note: WiFi

lesarmitage
05-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Tell you what I've noticed too, the reception range of WiFi is pretty lousy in my view compared to all kit I have; Macbook + PC + Bold 9780. The playbook is the worst. Compromise for battery life I guess.

aiharkness
05-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Real world example?

I haven't noticed any difference with wifi compared to my other experiences.

But the bluetooth range is much, much greater than I thought was the case with bluetooth. I don't have prior experience and so don't know what is typical. But I'm maintaining bluetooth connection with the handset and PlayBook in different rooms in my house. Not opposite ends of the house, but neighboring rooms.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Cooper
05-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Currently have full wi-fi on my PC, my BB and my PB.

Good router = good reception.

I've found no issues anywhere I use it. no compromise on speed either.

ZombieBerry
05-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Class 1 Bluetooth is rated at 100 M, but most people get about 30-40 Meters

Class 2 Bluetooth is rated at about 30-40 meters, but most people get about 5-10 Meters

raynfire
05-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Do any users out there happen to be on the Rogers Rocket Hub....it won't let me connect to App World.

lesarmitage
05-14-2011, 04:01 AM
Real world example?

I haven't noticed any difference with wifi compared to my other experiences.

But the bluetooth range is much, much greater than I thought was the case with bluetooth. I don't have prior experience and so don't know what is typical. But I'm maintaining bluetooth connection with the handset and PlayBook in different rooms in my house. Not opposite ends of the house, but neighboring rooms.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

The real world example is described in my notes and I agree that bluetooth is very good; obviously using 2400 the dual standard spec. Wifi is via a UK BT Home Hub running 'N' in a large stone 450 year old house. As i say the Playpad compared with Macbook; PC and BB9780 is the worst. Not a challenge just notes.

pyro451
05-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Tell you what I've noticed too, the reception range of WiFi is pretty lousy in my view compared to all kit I have; Macbook + PC + Bold 9780. The playbook is the worst. Compromise for battery life I guess.

I have to agree with this. I frequently have to manually reconnect my PB to our corporate WiFi throughout the day. My Torch never loses the signal at the office.

I have a more stable WiFi connection to the PB at home, but have still had to reconnect on occasion.

Hopefully this is a software issue and not hardware.