PDA

View Full Version : Password Keeper

Judy61
01-26-2006, 03:19 PM
I forget what my password to access the Password Keeper is. I have 2 more tries. Does anyone know a way to reset this? What happens if I run out of tries?

Thanks!

Seattle18
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I forget what my password to access the Password Keeper is. I have 2 more tries. Does anyone know a way to reset this? What happens if I run out of tries?

Thanks!
Be careful - after your last failed attempt hundreds of tiny spikes protrude out from all over the device, then an energy shield engulfs it and shocks anything that comes within 6 inches of it, then it starts to hover and eventually will fly away back to BlackBerryville. Mine did that last month, what a hassle. The best thing to do is try all attempts, then if unsuccessful, quickly set it in a large metal container, weld it shut, and take in to a corporate Cingular store. They will have their Password-Keeper-Too-Many-Failed-Attempts squad take care of it for you.

(Sorry, just had three cups of coffee and I need to blow off some steam... :razz: )

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
LOL, Seattle18!

Judy - If you put in the password 10 times you'll loose all of your passwords and have to start over. You might want to do a search for 'password keeper' as there have been several threads about this very topic....

Judy61
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that :-) Maybe I should have a strong drink, then I won't care!

juwaack68
01-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that :-) Maybe I should have a strong drink, then I won't care!

If you have a lot of passwords that could be lost, I'd go with something stronger than coffee ;-)

Stinsonddog
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I recommend it. Use a password you are familiar with. You can find a descpription at my site.

Seattle18
01-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I recommend it. Use a password you are familiar with. You can find a descpription at my site.
I agree - this program has helped me more than I thought it would, many times.

stevew
01-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Long as you backup the password keeper database, you'll be fine...just restore it if it gets blown away is all...

CrackRJack
01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
You can backup application data using the Blackberry Desktop Utility > Backup > Advanced > Selective > Application Data, something like that.
CRJ

kuby
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
What if you never have set a password for the password keeper? It still asks for a password?

RickCharles
01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
What if you never have set a password for the password keeper? It still asks for a password?

That's so you can set one up. If you never set a password, then you have no profiles inside to keep protected.