PDA

View Full Version : is any1 able to view Paypal?

mr_black
01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
i can only get to the wap version of the site...is there a way to view it?

addaea
01-27-2006, 09:48 AM
i can only get to the wap version of the site...is there a way to view it?

I can view it, but not full html, but last time I attempted to send money it would not go through. I could enter the recipinet email and amount to be sent, but that was it

AlAboos
01-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Reqwireless WebViewer works perfectly with PayPal. Show it just the way it is, full HTML.

Mr Pink57
01-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (your electric?: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.16)

I can view the site just fine in its full glory. I am also able to send money thru it, but what is the wap sit URL? pink

mr_black
01-29-2006, 04:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (your electric?: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.16)

I can view the site just fine in its full glory. I am also able to send money thru it, but what is the wap sit URL? pink
its www.paypal.com in any phone browser it just a dumbed down version of it which doesnt cut it for me.

alonesoul@mail.com
01-29-2006, 11:56 PM
I can get to it with the mini-Opera browser; that is the only reason I keep it on on 7520

mr_black
01-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I can get to it with the mini-Opera browser; that is the only reason I keep it on on 7520
i have so much problems with opera, it says i have no connection on my BB is it really all that secure?

GMK
01-30-2006, 07:15 AM

I agree with Mr_Black. I did some experimenting by changing emulations, content mode, etc. to no avail. Paypal still comes up in WAP style. What do you do Mr Pink57 to get the Paypal site in its "full glory"? Are you using Blackberry Browser? If so, can you tell us what your settings are? If you're getting it and I'm not, you must be hoodwinking the site into thinking you're BB is a not a handheld. This is valuable info for future browsing.

Thanks for the info

nick_berry
01-30-2006, 07:22 AM
off topic - But Mr_black love the Avatar...

Carlton is one of my sit com characters ever !

Mr Pink57
01-30-2006, 10:38 AM
I agree with Mr_Black. I did some experimenting by changing emulations, content mode, etc. to no avail. Paypal still comes up in WAP style. What do you do Mr Pink57 to get the Paypal site in its "full glory"? Are you using Blackberry Browser? If so, can you tell us what your settings are? If you're getting it and I'm not, you must be hoodwinking the site into thinking you're BB is a not a handheld. This is valuable info for future browsing.

Thanks for the info

I was not aware of a "dumbed down" version thru a phone browser, so it must be the same version as you guys, however I am still able to send money and also transfer it to my bank account thru my Blackberry.

My Emulation Mode is Netscape, and I do not support javascript thru the config area, but I do check off "Enable JavaScript Location Support"

pink

GMK
01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks for your response. I tried your settings in my 7105t and still the same, a wap version of the site. This wap site version is ok w me (in fact for my limited purposes I prefer it) but I was hoping to gain some insight into the fact that the same url shows up totally different on my pc than on my BB. Somewhere there must be a setting that can make the site give up its goods whichever way you want it??

pjdyer214
01-30-2006, 03:17 PM
PayPal seems to work in my Cingular browser...though it lookes rather dumbed down on my 7100g. Appears to be secure...Once you have the browser open, you can change the settings, images, etc...

GMK
01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
This is a screenshot of my BB @<hidden> Paypal. Is this what everyone else is seeing?

Mr Pink57
01-30-2006, 11:48 PM
I am definately NOT seeing that, I see it in full color and what not.

pink

KonTiki
01-31-2006, 12:14 AM
So do I

GMK
01-31-2006, 07:55 AM
This is intriguing. Why do I get WAP personified and youse guys get all the web site largesse? As I posted earlier, for me the text only version is fine. After I log in I can send money, etc. But I needs to know why we are seeing different screens at the same URL so forgive my obsession.

1. i'm going to "www.paypal.com"
2. I've tried changing the emulation (MS IE, Netscape), changing the Content mode to HTML only and fooled with various other checkboxes.

The closest I've gotten is when I change content mode to "Html only" I'm getting a message on the browser "unsupported markup language, error code 18"

Any Ideas or settings I could try. I'd love to be able to select WAP type or full HTML browsing at my leisure and pleasure

xyrcncp
01-31-2006, 07:08 PM
This is intriguing. Why do I get WAP personified and youse guys get all the web site largesse? As I posted earlier, for me the text only version is fine. After I log in I can send money, etc. But I needs to know why we are seeing different screens at the same URL so forgive my obsession.

1. i'm going to "www.paypal.com"
2. I've tried changing the emulation (MS IE, Netscape), changing the Content mode to HTML only and fooled with various other checkboxes.

The closest I've gotten is when I change content mode to "Html only" I'm getting a message on the browser "unsupported markup language, error code 18"

Any Ideas or settings I could try. I'd love to be able to select WAP type or full HTML browsing at my leisure and pleasure
I get the same error and I did the same changes to the settings, and nothing.

edit: it works when I Google it thru Berry411

mr_black
01-31-2006, 09:44 PM
I get the same error and I did the same changes to the settings, and nothing.

edit: it works when I Google it thru Berry411

but u cant login...the biggest thing for me is I can view dollar amount in wap version all i see is cents (i.e. my balance is 45.29 all i see in wap version for balance is .29)any1 else have that issue i really hoped 4.1 would fix it but it didnt :(

mr_black
01-31-2006, 09:48 PM
This is a screenshot of my BB @<hidden> Paypal. Is this what everyone else is seeing?
thats exactly what i see btw...is every1 in this thread using a 71xx to view this?

GMK
02-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm on a 7105t

xyrcncp
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
but u cant login...the biggest thing for me is I can view dollar amount in wap version all i see is cents (i.e. my balance is 45.29 all i see in wap version for balance is .29)any1 else have that issue i really hoped 4.1 would fix it but it didnt :(
Yep, you're right....can't login, it says "Form disabled". I don't get it, do we need a 3rd party browser in order to see this? I also see only the cents for the balance through the WAP version, and this does impact me as I use paypal a lot and I've been in situations where I needed to access it from my phone. Yet my friend who has a Sidekick II goes to the site like nothing.

mr_black
02-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Yep, you're right....can't login, it says "Form disabled". I don't get it, do we need a 3rd party browser in order to see this? I also see only the cents for the balance through the WAP version, and this does impact me as I use paypal a lot and I've been in situations where I needed to access it from my phone. Yet my friend who has a Sidekick II goes to the site like nothing.
this very thing has me tettering between my BB and going back to sidekick paypal doesnt mind the SK browser...i wish some1 would port a mozilla browser to BB i would even buy it if it was available.