PDA

View Full Version : Please please please help!!!!

jennbarron
05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I tried to change the housing on my Blackberry Curve 9300, I got the special screwdrivers with the pack. I unscrewed one no bother then when I tried to unscrew the one with the blue sticker on top, the screw became rounded out and now I don't know how to get it out :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: please help I don't know what to do I actually want to cry :cry::cry::cry::cry: I can't live without my Blackberry!!! :cry::cry::cry:

fourstringfuror
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow.

jennbarron
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
what?

joginder
05-23-2011, 03:01 PM
To bad, I am not sure if easy-extracts are available for these tinny devices. but you might have to look to some un-proven methods like hold the BB little lifted from the housing so it can bring the screw into its threads or even gets on the threads.
Good luck

rambo47
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
You can file the screw head across, forming a cut down the middle and then use a regular screw driver to get it out.

You can also drill out the stripped screw but you need a very small and delicate drill, like a Dremel Mototool.

jennbarron
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
You can file the screw head across, forming a cut down the middle and then use a regular screw driver to get it out.

You can also drill out the stripped screw but you need a very small and delicate drill, like a Dremel Mototool.

but how could u file it have u seen how small the hole is that the screws in :(? yeh i might have to try that

bigwrigg
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Try the Dremel. If you have not stripped it out too terribly bad try the next size up Torx Bit.
For example, if you have a T-6, try a T-7 or T-8. This has worked for me in the past with repairs at work.

WesleyTrollip
05-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Ouch

brandonaybar
05-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Maybe send it to an electronics repair place. They may have the special tools and skills required to accomplish this task. Good luck. (y) :bb: