PDA

View Full Version : 4.1 - anyone been able to BT sync from 7105t to PC?

mettmann
01-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I have been unable to bluetooth sync my 7105t with my HP L2000 -

the 7105t listed Services;
Headset
Handsfree
Desktop Connectivity
Wireless Bypass

Not sure my laptop has the necessary profiles - since I can only get
Blackberry 7100 Voice Gateway - and ActiveSync as the only services on the PC side..

and I don't believe installing ActiveSync is the answer..

any suggestions?

mettmann
01-30-2006, 01:00 PM
bump - anyone sync a 7105t via BT to a PC????

yes - I did check Search, as well as google! ;-)

penk
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
actually, i just did this mere moments ago.

WIN XP Pro SP2
Billionton BT USB dongle C2-N-J

T-Mobile BB 7105t - HK CSL 4.1 HH OS

considering the age of my system and its limited processing power...
and that the BT dongle is plugged into a USB 2.0 PCI card i added to the machine only a month ago...
and that SP2 actually got the dongle up and running with no help from me (it worked just as it should have, no need for WidComm like my WIN2K setup)...

this not only worked, but it worked surprisingly well!

after my PC and my BB shook hands (about a 3 to 4 minute setup, start to finish) i was toothin' like a fool! from the BB Desktop, Application Loader is not available, but Backup/Restore and IntelliSync are both operational.

the Backup took about 6 minutes, but it seemed as though twenty had passed. i don't really recommend a BT backup, and certainly would not suggest a BT Restore, where success is even more crucial.

IntelliSync ran through the PIM synchronization like it weren't no thang and the MS Outlook setup was clean and easy. any variables that came up, i was prompted for a command execution response.

overall, i would say that the new OS is definitely 4 every 1

bryanparke
01-30-2006, 02:26 PM
(oops, i posted this to the wrong topic.. geez, sorry about that)

i just spoke with tmobile.. he basically told me 'your problem does not exist' - i tried to demonstrate to him, but amazingly, in this particular phone call, my mic was working perfectly - he had no issues hearing me, wonderful! (i'm being sarcastic).

i don't know. we have two of these phones and it is obvious problem, i'm not making it up. oh well.. we'll just continue to use our bluetooth headsets then leave t-mobile when our contracts ends. it's sad, because they have been great so far; but this frustrates me enough to want to leave them.

Nextel User
01-30-2006, 05:08 PM
i cannot sync my 7100i with my laptop, BUT i can with my desktop....The reason, is because i am using an approved usb linksys BT key with the WINDOWS drivers. my laptop had the drivers preinstalled. i bet if i uninstall the OEM driver and let windows pick it up it will work.