PDA

View Full Version : Defective RIM Rugged Case

mortgageguy
01-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Does anyone have this case from BlackberryStuff.com? If so, any issues or problems with the BB going to sleep while inside the case? My case was not putting the BB to sleep so I emailed BBStuff and below is the reponse I get.

Very nice response from BBStuff(below) but also very inadequate and shows that there employees do not have a clue about BB's.

"Thank you for shopping with www.blackberrystuff.com . My name is Bikash and I will be assistance you today. From your mail, I understand that you are having issues with SKU#7494 (RIM Rugged Blackberry Case – Black).

John, I will surely try to assist you to the best of my ability and will work with you to resolve this issue at the earliest.

I would like to inform you that, as per the description of SKU#7494 (RIM Rugged Blackberry Case – Black) in our website it comes with “built in power down display activator” which means this feature conserves battery life automatically when the device is inserted with the screen facing in. I would request you to follow this instruction and give us your feedback so that we can provide further assistance. Also please let us know, how you say that the SKU#7494 does not come with a magnet?"

TxAdam
01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Now THAT is customer service! (y)

I don't have a rugged case, although I nearly ordered one the other day. I think I will hold out a little longer and see what else makes it on the market. Thanks for posting... Definately helped my decision making process. :)

mortgageguy
01-27-2006, 06:06 PM
....going on day 2 now since I responded to BlackBerryStuff.com and still no reply as to what they are going to do with the defective case. Not good.

eykhong
01-27-2006, 07:41 PM
I had the same problem with my leather holster. It was listed as being compatible with the 8700, but it did not fit at all. It is actually made for the older (wider) BB's, and they tried to convince me to just get a different one. I cannot get the shipping costs refunded, and to get my money back I will have to send it back to them on my own bill. It hardly seems worth it for a $20 item.

mortgageguy
01-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I had the same problem with my leather holster. It was listed as being compatible with the 8700, but it did not fit at all. It is actually made for the older (wider) BB's, and they tried to convince me to just get a different one. I cannot get the shipping costs refunded, and to get my money back I will have to send it back to them on my own bill. It hardly seems worth it for a $20 item.

I will not buy from http://blackberrystuff.com again.

mortgageguy
02-01-2006, 10:23 PM
I will not buy from http://blackberrystuff.com again.

Just to reiterate again since it's now been a full week and no response to my emails -- I will not nor do I suggest anyone buying from http://blackberrystuff.com until they get their customer service in gear.

stevew
02-08-2006, 06:26 AM
There have been a few posts about these guys here and it's always the same thing...besides which, you've just gotta wonder about e-mail responses like that. (n)