PDA

View Full Version : Icons are vanishing. (no they are not hidden)

kwilkins
01-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I just got a new 8700 to replace my original 8700 that had the dust problem. I activated the new unit and did a restore from a backup I’d previously made of the old unit. The Bluetooth icon is nowhere to found in any of the themes. Also although I can activate Bluetooth I’m not able to pair it with any devices. It searches for devices but doesn’t find any, even though the headset is there and turned on.

Then this morning I noticed that my calendar had not synced over during wireless activation. I looked at the activation screen and it said it was still synchronizing, even thought it had started 18 hours ago. I canceled the activation (in an attempt to restart it) and the “enterprise activation” icon disappeared. I went to https://webclient.blackberry.net/WebMail/Window.jsp?site=mycingular

, and resent the service books. The enterprise activation icon appeared again (but still no Bluetooth icon) and when I clicked to open it disappeared again.

I’m stumped. Any thoughts?

Ken

d_fisher
01-27-2006, 09:25 AM
You are describing the exact reason I always restore before re-activating. I always have problems it I activate first. Might want to wipe, restore, re-activate.

dwlace01
01-27-2006, 11:14 AM
i explained what i thought to be the fix to your problem in the "dust" thread b/c thats where you originallly posted so check it out. Your bluetooth will be gone until you pair a device with the phone...at which time it will appear.

kwilkins
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
i explained what i thought to be the fix to your problem in the "dust" thread b/c thats where you originallly posted so check it out. Your bluetooth will be gone until you pair a device with the phone...at which time it will appear.

I'm all set. Thanks for your help.