PDA

View Full Version : There is an article on CIO.com titled "Today's Hottest Phones: They're All Android" >

brandonaybar
06-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry that I can't post a URL to another site yet. I don't have enough posts to be able to post a link, but I'm almost there.

8-)

From what I've been told, Black Berry's are still in demand, but whenever I go into a store to look at the cases, and other accessories, I barely see anything for our beloved BB's. :x

:bb:

fourstringfuror
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Flavor of the week. Not really a surprise.

rambo47
06-01-2011, 06:22 PM
BlackBerrys are still the #1 smartphone in Canada with a 42% market share.

BlackBerry is also fastest growing platform in places like South Africa.

I mostly ignore silly articles like that one on CIO.com.

KOR
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I just switched to an Android driven HTC Thunderbolt. Nice phone, but I can definitely say that 'hot' does not necessarily mean stable, usable, etc.

rambo47
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
"Hot" merely refers to how fast a phone or platform is selling. You cannot argue that Android is just that - hot. It's growing faster than any other platform, even iOS. But just because one platform is growing faster than others it doesn't mean the others are not growing (and thriving) as well.

pcerio
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Not really a shocking article, most consumers want more than just emails. Pictures, videos and web content are not the forte of the BB.

KOR
06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
"Hot" merely refers to how fast a phone or platform is selling. You cannot argue that Android is just that - hot. It's growing faster than any other platform, even iOS. But just because one platform is growing faster than others it doesn't mean the others are not growing (and thriving) as well.

I think you missed my point. I'm not arguing that the Android platform isn't hot (I just contributed to it myself), only that being 'hot' doesn't necessarily mean that it's doing things the best.