PDA

View Full Version : Call Forwarding

bos_prashant
06-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm here. Call forwarding on my 9700 seems to be a real pain. I don't have reception in my apartment, forcing me to forward to landline while at home, and then revert back normal settings while outside the house.

The problem is that turning forwarding on is very simple as I just have to choose Always and a phone number. The problem happens when I turn it back to the Conditional setting, which I'm assuming is the default. And the defaults on each condition is 'Do Not Forward'. I then have to change each of these settings to my voice mail number.

Is there any way to default a # for Always, and default a # for Conditional? I'm pretty sure on the iPhone, it's a simple on off switch with a phone # option. I've seen people suggesting *##<yourphone#> option with a speed key, which I will consider, if there is no easier way to deal with the menus.

Another feature I'm looking for is to have a Convenience Key pointing directly to the Call Forwarding menu. I can only get it to point to Options, which still forces 2 more clicks. Let me know if you have a way to point a key directly to the Call Forwarding menu.

tsac
06-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Thats carrier controlled and not a blackberry function.
Call them and ask if other options can be set up for you. I doubt it though.

Thiego-uk
06-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Thats carrier controlled and not a blackberry function.
Call them and ask if other options can be set up for you. I doubt it though.
I second it.

I don't have reception in my apartment, forcing me to forward to landline while at home, and then revert back normal settings while outside the house.
Or maybe change carrier

I'm pretty sure on the iPhone, it's a simple on off switch with a phone # option.
Perhaps a IPhone would work better... my guess, from all I read on the forums, IPhone can do anything, even end the world hunger and bring peace to all world nations!
:P