PDA

View Full Version : A bridge app for GPS?

DaveTheA
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Recently I downloaded the trial version of Magellan Compass for my Playbook. Seems like a pretty cool app, but it requires an internet connection to work. Reasonable, I guess...but if I'm lost in the boonies or driving around town trying to find an address, having to search out a Wi-Fi hotspot to use the app seems a little counterproductive.

Is it reasonable to hope for a PB GPS app that works with my phone GPS and Internet via the bridge browser? Would it be RIM or the app developer that would spearhead the creation of such a system?

DaveTheA
06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Recently I downloaded the trial version of Magellan Compass for my Playbook. Seems like a pretty cool app, but it requires an internet connection to work. Reasonable, I guess...but if I'm lost in the boonies or driving around town trying to find an address, having to search out a Wi-Fi hotspot to use the app seems a little counterproductive.

Is it reasonable to hope for a PB GPS app that works with my phone GPS and Internet via the bridge browser? Would it be RIM or the app developer that would spearhead the creation of such a system?

Please move this to the Playbook forum....I entered it here by mistake.

Motorcycle Mama
06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I would think that it is doubtful that you will see a Bridge app for this. You likely would need to use a tethering solution.

DaveTheA
06-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Mods -- Please DELETE this thread...I have rephrased my question in the Playbook forum... Thank you.