PDA

View Full Version : pst sync with 7100v

safc
01-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Hello

I have recently acquired a 7100v and cannot find a way to sync outlook calendar / contacts with the blackberry. I am a POP3 user (via vodafone).

Can anybody help with suggestions / solutions please?

Many thanks

finch
01-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Have you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software on your PC? Probably a good start. Next time kindly use the search feature.

safc
01-29-2006, 09:15 AM
hello

yes I have and sorry to have caused your response! I can't see how to use this to allow an automatic sync of the blackberry to outlook when I plug the blackberry into my pc. I have used devices like palm before and this has worked ok. If I am missing something simple - apologies - I am posting because I am stuck - not lazy - I have been researhcing this for some time now.

finch
01-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Have you configured the Desktop Manager for which app to sync with, check that your Outlook - Calendar/Notes/Task etc. have been checked and selected under the configure PIM option.

safc
01-29-2006, 10:45 AM
hi - thanks for replying....

when I look at the PIM configuration I get the following options:

ASCII importer / exporter
Lotus Organizer
Netscape

- however, there is nothing for outlook?

Can you explain where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance

finch
01-29-2006, 11:20 AM
What version of Desktop Manager?

safc
01-29-2006, 11:55 AM

am looking for updates now

safc
01-31-2006, 08:08 AM
hoping somebody can help!

I have downloaded the latest versions of the desktop and handheld software from Voadfone, but when I go into intellisync, there is no option for Outlook. As explained earlier I do not have exchange so am using the vodafone webmail account, but would like to be able to sync calendar / contacts when I'm in the office attached to my pc.

Many thanks in advance