PDA

View Full Version : Multiple email accounts with 8700c

cadyer
01-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I am a new Blackberry user. I am using the BES for work email and AOL for personal email. Can you set up your Blackberry to seperate your email accounts. I dont want my work email looking as if it came from my persoanl email and vice versa. I also can not get my work email to reconcile. Please help.

coreyg510
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
You could look at a particular folder I believe. I do not use BES, but I believe it would seperate them. Someone correct me if I am wrong

cadyer
01-29-2006, 10:38 PM
You could look at a particular folder I believe. I do not use BES, but I believe it would seperate them. Someone correct me if I am wrong

How do you do that? When I have my AOL and work email both on my AOL email shows as the sender. I would like to be able to seperate. Thanks.

coreyg510
01-29-2006, 10:44 PM
You want to be able to dictate what the sent from address is or you want to filter your view so that you are only looking at email from one account.

cadyer
01-29-2006, 10:50 PM
You want to be able to dictate what the sent from address is or you want to filter your view so that you are only looking at email from one account.

When I set up my personal email, it gives you the option to select an address to show on sent mail. I would like to figure out how to seperate my work and personal email whether it be incoming, sent, deleted, etc. Can you set it up so you have 2 seperate accounts like I am trying to do. I know you can have up to 10 email accounts but I dont know if you can seperate everything.

coreyg510
01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
If you go into messages and click the trackwheel, you should see folders. There should be two. One should say webclient, the other might say BES or something similar. Unfortunately, I don't know alot about BES again. If you are using two addresses such as Hotmail and Gmail, I dont think it is possible to have them seperated.

cadyer
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
If you go into messages and click the trackwheel, you should see folders. There should be two. One should say webclient, the other might say BES or something similar. Unfortunately, I don't know alot about BES again. If you are using two addresses such as Hotmail and Gmail, I dont think it is possible to have them seperated.

I use Outlook thru work and AOL for personal. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

packetknife
01-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I am a new Blackberry user. I am using the BES for work email and AOL for personal email. Can you set up your Blackberry to seperate your email accounts. I dont want my work email looking as if it came from my persoanl email and vice versa. I also can not get my work email to reconcile. Please help.

You can default it to either your BES or Webcilent by going into options and finding the ''Message Services" submenu. It's either Options -> Message Services or Options -> Advanced -> Message Services ... and choose the appropriate one. Your AOL would be the Webclient.

That'll default your ~outbound~ settings to whatever you choose from what I understand. Reconcile are other settings and you can browse those from the Desktop Client. -Pk