PDA

View Full Version : hotmail plus on 7105t

seebee
01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
any help with how to sync my hotmail plus (the pay service) to my 7105t?? hotmail tells me i am unable to forward my email - but there has to be a way around this...
thanks

martin_j001
01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Correct, Hotmail does not allow forwarding of email. You need to set up your Hotmail account in your BIS/BWC service by providing your username and password--this will make your bb poll your hotmail account for new messages every 15 minutes (in other words, email from your hotmail account is on your bb in 15 minutes or less). If I'm not mistaken, there's a link on your bb (or an icon) that lets you set this up. Make sure to check out your usermanuals and the FAQ's and stickies around here--they cover a lot of beginner issues such as setting up BWC/BIS. Hope this helps.

seebee
01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
unfortunately - my bb (or the online t-mobile website) will not allow me to add my hotmail account - it says that it only supports POP/IMAP email. do you know how to get around this??
thanks

martin_j001
01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Hotmail is POP email. There isn't much you can do "to get around" things on a bb, thats the reason our gov't likes them--security. Call T-Mo and get to blackberry support and ask them to help you set up your account if need be. If you're on a corporate BES, this could be the reason, as some companies "lock down" the users ability to add other email accounts, etc to the device.

seebee
01-30-2006, 10:20 AM
thanks for your help jeff. i will call tmo - as i am not on a corporate system but my bb will still will not allow me to add my hotmail address as an email account...

martin_j001
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Good luck!

WNO
02-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Unless there have been some major changes lately, Hotmail is not POP, and TMO does not support integration with Hotmail accounts. There are at least two workarounds: (1) get one of the programs that reside on your desktop and periodically poll for Hotmail messages, essentially treating Hotmail as a POP acct (though the desktop will always need to be running for this to work); or (2) get an e-mail account like Fastmail that polls for Hotmail messages, and have the mail pulled through the BIS or forwarded directly to your tmo.blackberry.net acct. More details available through search.

pbclarkz
02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Just some random and I Hope helpful advice on email if you use the Web Client for your email.

From my experience, Gmail is the best email provider I can find so far.

Also, DO NOT setup the email accounts in your web client. Instead, forward say a Gmail account to your Web Client email address. I personally have 1 yahoo account and about three Gmail accounts I forward to the Web Client and I get my email almost instanty.

If you do not have Gmail, ask me or someone (provide an email address for invite) for an invite as it is great email.