PDA

View Full Version : Creating address groups

ipatel72
01-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I am new to blackberry. Just bought a 7100 T model with Cingular. I have been trying to create address groups in vain. After creating the new group, when I click on the "Add member" option it takes me to the address book to select the address. But once I select it I do not see any option to add that membertothe groups. Pls advise.

Thanks

coreyg510
01-30-2006, 02:01 PM
You just press enter button. Then repeat steps.

ipatel72
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
thanks -- but I do not see an 'Enter' button?

Donna
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Its possible the address book listing you are selecting is not fully populated. Please view the listing, populate fields if necessary, then try again.

Good luck!

coreyg510
01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
the enter button looks like this :enter:

CBR900RR
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Its possible the address book listing you are selecting is not fully populated. Please view the listing, populate fields if necessary, then try again.

Good luck!

I am in the same boat too, having the same address group problem.

What you mean is fill out all entry before I can put the address in group?

Anybody suscess putting address in group?

twj332
06-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I have found that you can create a sub group in contacts but the BB OS will not allow you to add members if the do not have an email address. (you will see filter, new address, view, edit, options, and cancel as your only options) you will not be able to select them no matter what button or how many times you hit the enter key.

The work around for this is to give contacts that do not have an email address a fake one (test@<hidden>)

You will then be able to add them to sub groups you created and the sync will properly map the fields and sub groups for you.

Sub groups mapped from Desktop Manager will have the "sub group name" followed by *** in the main contact directory. If the contact has a email address you will then select them and "continue" will now appear above "filter in the drop down menu. Select continue and the contact will be added to your group.

Hope this helps you address book folks out there.

Please note: BB sub groups have the option for you to send a mass email (group email) to all of them; thus the logic to not be able to add contact members who do not have an email address. You may want to learn how to use Filters and Categorys to better define your address book.

bevjohnson2
07-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks, twj332, for that great tip about the email addresses!!! You saved me many hours of pulling my hair out, I'm sure!!