PDA

View Full Version : Using a 7290 from T-Mobile Germany with hosted BES

The_Rat
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm using an 7290 device from T-Mobile Germany. Since the "Prosumer" version does not support calendar sync, I switched to Link2Exchange. In order to be able to sync with that BES, I had my Prosumer Blackberry changed to an Enterprise Version by RIM (APN is now 'blackberry.net').

Still, when I try to activate my device it keeps on saying "Activating", then "Retrying to activate" and so on. Link2Exchange now wrote me they're out of ideas what to do to make things work.

I do have an Blackberry Enterprise data plan with T-Mobile, and I had my old "instantemail"-account deleted to avoid having my device registered twice. My Blackberry is showing "GPRS" in capitals and I am able to send as well as receive PIN-messages.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,

Andrew

d_fisher
01-30-2006, 04:45 PM
I would try performing a sercurity wipe of your BlackBerry before attempting to activate again. Have them give you a new password just for good measure. From my experience, if the BIS account was setup first, sometimes the enterprise activation can fail.

The_Rat
01-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "security wipe", but what I've done now is to install firmware 4.1 without backing up any data (hope this leads to roughly the same result). Still I get the same annoying "Activating..." message leading to no result at all.

Regards,

Andrew

The_Rat
01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
If I may add something that seems a bit funny to me: When I installed the new software, the first thing that happened was that I had the T-Mobile t-zones browser installed (obviously I had gotten the service books). Immediately afterwards the browser opened and asked me to create an account for the Instant-eMail Service.

May that be an indication that T-Mobile needs to change somthing in their setup?

Regards,

Andrew