PDA

View Full Version : New 8700 cannot reply to email

Darth Squishy
01-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Hello all,

Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered, I did a search on "8700 send reply" and didn't get any results I was looking for.

I've got a user who just upgraded to the 8700c, and we're on BES SP3 HF3 for Exchange. They are able to send and forward email just fine, but when she tries to reply to a message, there is no Send option in the pop-up menu.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stinsonddog
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Have you done an activation of the device? Did it complete. Have the service books resent.

Hello all,

Please forgive me if this topic has already been covered, I did a search on "8700 send reply" and didn't get any results I was looking for.

I've got a user who just upgraded to the 8700c, and we're on BES SP3 HF3 for Exchange. They are able to send and forward email just fine, but when she tries to reply to a message, there is no Send option in the pop-up menu.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Darth Squishy
01-31-2006, 10:21 AM
The activation "said" it completed, but it took all weekend according to the user. Sending the service book did not help, so I wiped and re-activated the handheld, which did the trick - thanks Stinsonddog!
(y)

Darth Squishy
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
D'oh, it's happening again. I'm thinking it's time to involve Cingular......joy

Joebanana469
05-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Hello Darth.

May the force be with you.

Did you get it to work?

I have seen this problem too. When I asked RIM, they could not help.
I also noticed that when I try to read a long message I get an error:'
More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found.

I deleted the service books using desktop manager, and I resent them via the BES. I have wiped the handheld and redone Enterprise Activation. I have regenerated the encryption keys.

Still cannot send a reply or forward. I can compose an emaill and send it.