PDA

View Full Version : Password Invalid. Password too short. 7130e.

jnyost
01-31-2006, 07:56 PM
I broke my 7130e and got a new one today. I set my password to 4 characters long and everything was good. When I got home I connected to the blackberry desktop to restore my data and it also prompted me to update some applications. I unlocked my phone and it made me change my password. It now will not accept 4 characters. I get an error message that states "Password Invalid. Password too short.". I can set my password to 5 characters. This is a personal BB and is not on BES. I wiped the data using javaloader and reinstalled the apps without any luck. I'm lost. Any ideas???? Is there a setting somewhere or is it one of the updated apps?

Thanks
Jared

jnyost
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
This is just too weird. I went to blackberry.com and was reading around some of their support docs. They even state that passwords are from 5-10 characters. I know there are no policies applied because it states "no services" on the general security screen.

jnyost
02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Nobody has any ideas??

jnyost
05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Does anybody have any ideas???

Thanks
Jared

Martelile
05-16-2006, 05:46 AM
my only guess is that you could make the password 4 characters long before it was set up, and once it is set up and running it needs 5 characters...
it sounds bizzare, but i know that we cant do anything less than 5 characters either. my advice is to let it go, and choose a 5 character password.

jnyost
10-10-2006, 11:46 AM
This p*sses me off. I got another 7130e today. Played with it and it was just fine. I could set my password to 4 characters and all was good. I made a backup of the fresh device right from Verizon. I restored my messages and sms messages and sync'd with lotus. Now I can't have anything less than a 5 digit password. What's worse is that it forces me to change it every so many days. How can restoring data set this password policy? And no I'm not on BES.

I tried wiping the device and even restored the file I made when I took it out of the box. Where in the heck is this data stored?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jared