PDA

View Full Version : carrier pushing emails

frankinthecity
08-23-2011, 12:45 PM
hey, need the help of :bb: experts!!

how much time does it take for your carrier to push an email to your device?
is it time based? each 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc?
hour based? 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, etc?

Lets say you go on Sign In (http://www.hotmail.com) but dont open any new emails is that enough to cancel any notification?

i sent a test email 1 hour ago, and i still didnt get it =(

its not as fast as i thought =(

Francois

rambo47
08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Every carrier does things differently. If your carrier supports the IMAP/IDLE command then email can be instant push. If not, a 15-minute polling schedule is standard. If the carrier is experiencing any issues, or if their spam filters flag your email (which often happens when the "sent from" and "send to" are the same address) it can take longer, or not come at all.

wellingtonboot
08-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I used to get my Orange ones within about 10mins on the android and on the old Samsung.

But since I had my BB i have noticed they are quite a lot slower...maybe a couple of hours.

I also used to have a notification text from Orange which was instant a mail hit my mail box, but that isn't coming through now although it is still active.

So maybe things are a bit different somehow with the Blackberrys.

Ang x

Dubdub
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM
RIM pushes email to the BB every 15 minutes. If mail is found on your mail servers and pushed, RIM will check and push gain every 2 to 3 minutes until no mail is found. At which time it reverts to the 15 minute cycle.

frankinthecity
08-24-2011, 08:57 AM
they must have had problems yesterday

thats really valuable information

thanks!!