PDA

View Full Version : The End of big red??

dankarlinski
08-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Is this the end of big red in the blackberry world?

I read an article a few days ago about how verizon is keeping android as their primary OS and no longer BB.

Is this something to be worried about? I'm loving my 9630, and the unlim. Data plan. I checked a few days ago, and there were NO berries at all on their site. I know they just released the 9930, but do you think that will be the last one on big red?

I have an upgrade in may, and curious if the 9930 with be the EOL for berry phones, or if the new curves will come to verizon.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jsconyers
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
I am not sure of the article you read, but sure Verizon could use Android as their primary devices, and it appears they have been for a while. But that doesn't mean that they won't carry BlackBerry devices any longer, they would just be a secondary device. Vzw also has the iPhone, I am sure they're not going to stop selling that because they want Android to be their primary devices.

rambo47
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Verizon may emphasize one platform over another to maximize their own sales, but they'll never drop BlackBerrys completely. Verizon has way to many customers on BB's to just abandon them. As one platform gets hot all the carriers will emphasize that platform.

dankarlinski
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I know. It just seems like there wasn't really any new devices since the 9630...

They had the 9650, and I believe also the 8530 curve series, but I haven't seen anything on their site besides the 9630refurb for awhile. att got the torch, and there really wasn't anything after that...

I know that RIM has been taking a financial hit lately, so I just wanted to make sure that this isn't it...

All arguments aside, I like verizon, and prob stick with berries on their network for the sole purpose of unlim data and my 20% discount.

Thanks for the input guys!

daphne
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Verizon has the 9930 in their website, with camera and without. It's been there since Aug. 15. Also some of the older BlackBerrys including the 9330, 9550, 8530 and 9630, some are refurbs.

Set Your Location (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice&deviceCategoryId=1)

dankarlinski
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah. I checked last week, and there were no berries...

Maybe I just caught the site at a bad time?