PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Curve 9300 (3G) Turns Off Randomly

sssoul
08-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I have had no hope with google, thus far..

My blackberry is only a year or so old (no warranty or replacement options) and has the following symptoms.

While plugged, the phone has no issues. After being unplugged, it will only drain to about 80%-90% until it shuts off without warning. The only way to have it turned back on is a battery pull, only to have it shut off again right after the services have been loaded (startup)

However, after being plugged in for only a moment, and unplugged, it will start up, resume the battery % it had before, and remain on for yet another 10-20%, until shutting off once again.

The time lasting can vary between only 5 minutes - multiple hours.

The problem has only started happening, and was not a progressive issue.
The following are options I have tried or plan to try:

-Not include sim card - no luck
-Not include memory card - no luck
-Reinstall OS - no luck (though it was a quick 'update' so it might not be a fresh install)
-Buy new battery - have yet to try (after looking at other peoples similar issues, i doubt this is the problem, and will be a last resort)

Has anyone had this problem? Any solutions? Possible causes?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I love my blackberry, and I don't want to resort to a new apple diet..

devnull
08-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Why do you doubt it's the battery? That was my first guess.

If you do decide to purchase one, don't buy the cheap knock offs.

sssoul
08-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm considering buying one now, although would an OS defect be a possibility?

Would the trouble of reinstalling a fresh OS be worth the efforts, in relation to this issue? Or would this be a completely different predicament, and should just stick to the battery idea.

Thanks for the help so far, devnull!

devnull
08-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Personally, I don't see how an OS problem would cause your symptoms. But if you are comfortable reloading the OS, i suppose it couldn't hurt.

Swapping batteries is much easier.

hannam7
09-22-2011, 01:13 AM
This issue happened to me a couple months ago. I tried reloading the OS which didn't help so then I tried wiping my whole device & reloading the OS (did this twice) & that didn't help. I ended up losing everything on my memory card :( but I'm over it. So then I tried buying a new battery from ebay which seemed to last a little longer but it still shut down so T-Mobile replaced my phone 2 times & it still continued to shut down. They finally told me I should buy a new battery from Blackberry itself & not any other brand which solved my problem! No more shutting down ever since.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

albertocuadra
09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
i have the same problem! but i dont think it is the battery either,,

did you find the solution?