PDA

View Full Version : Sending mail as

djsmallman
02-01-2006, 11:45 AM
please help!

we have bes v3.6, exchange 2k3.

the user i am trying to set this up for is the chief exec of a big company, his mail requirements are final!

he uses a webmail system (corperate) which is outside of our organisation for most of his mails. he has a local exchange account which he does not want to see (he has someone forward emails that they think he would like to see!)

he wants the blackberry to be able to recieve from the webmail system and send from that address.

i have a second exchange mailbox setup which the blackberry connected, i can forward all mail from the webmail account to the exchange account, incomming mail is sorted.

i seem to be stuck trying to get the blackberry to send from an alternative address other than the mailbox address...... i have tried setting the primary address in AD to user@<hidden>, but this causes a problem when people send him email to user@<hidden> from our internal email system as the email is caught by exchange as local delivery!

is there any other way around this?

Thanks in advance.....

dev
02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Why don't you use the Execs' username@<hidden> account, and have that
access/retrieve his webamail account, forward his filtered corporate mail to this account as well.
The "username@<hidden>" account allows you to configure a "reply-to address" option. That is you can setup which account you can use as the reply-to-address.
Check the following link for further info: http://www.blackberry.com/support/client/index.shtml

djsmallman
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
unfortuatly cant do that as we have a corperate bes, no access to a username@<hidden> account, we only use the bes. I have change the name in the overide address field but this doesnt seem to make any change!

dev
02-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I have tried the overide option before without any luck. I believe we had to create an alias on the server-side (Exchange server) and use that as the primary address.

djsmallman
02-01-2006, 05:05 PM
yes, tried that too, the problem i have though is that being the cheif exec it catches anthing sent to that mail address in is local mailbox, where it should be sent to his external webmail account!

BlackBerryLinks
02-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Option 1, give him a BlackBerry BIS
Option 2, on his BlackBerry connected on the BES, sync only 1 folder -not the inbox - and the other person or an agent place what he must receive on his BB in this folder.

Or use the filter option on the BES.

Regards,
Bob

djsmallman
02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
thanks bob,

at the risk of sounding thick whats a blackberry BIS!!!

not quite sure about option 2, i dont understand how this would
enable him to send like it looked it came from his web account user@<hidden>

BlackBerryLinks
02-01-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks bob,

at the risk of sounding thick whats a blackberry BIS!!!

not quite sure about option 2, i dont understand how this would
enable him to send like it looked it came from his web account user@<hidden>

The BlackBerry BIS (BlackBerry Internet Services) account is with the webclient and can connected with his webmail.

For option 2 it is not possible to use his webmail address, but why should he. If he likes that people mail to that he can use auto text or signature with that email address...

Regards,
Bob

djsmallman
02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
is there any other way? he webmail is forwarded into his exchange mailbox that is connected to the blackberry...