PDA

View Full Version : Browse internet on wireless without using the data plan

versatilev
10-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Hi
i hv a new blackberry 9900 , i want to use the internet on my mobile while at home through my wirless router instead of my existing data plan of internet on mobile , so that i can surf free of charge with my wireless service rather than using the existing internet plan on my mobile

regards
Vikram

rambo47
10-05-2011, 05:33 AM
You need the data plan to get the service books. Browsing over WiFi is free, but you still have to have the BlackBerry data plan to use it.

Motorcycle Mama
10-05-2011, 05:51 AM
And the browser will automatically use the WiFi instead of the carrier network when you are connected to the WiFi. But as noted, you still have to have an active data plan.

versatilev
10-06-2011, 09:05 AM
thanks guys for responding but i need the mobile to automatically or ask me the option to switch over to wifi ( when at home or office ) for internet surfing rather than using the data plan , i have an active data plan ans i surf in it generally

ifonline
10-06-2011, 09:32 AM
The phone will automatically switch to a saved WiFi location whenever it is in range.

hrbuckley
10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm not sure I get what you're trying to accomplishe here. Do you want to be able to say "no, don't use Wi-Fi even though it is available. Use my data plan bandwith instead."? Doesn't make sense to me.

versatilev
10-06-2011, 09:43 AM
thanks guys for responding but i need the mobile to automatically or ask me the option to switch over to wifi ( when at home or office ) for internet surfing rather than using the data plan , i have an active data plan ans i surf in it generally

versatilev
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
it does not switch automatically to WIFI at my home , please let me know how do i do that

versatilev
10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
@<hidden> hrbuckley , i am trying to use my wifi when it is in range and avoid the usage of Data plan existing on my mobile , i would like to make such a setting when the saved wifi of my home is in range it directly connects to that or asks me for an option so that i can save o the data plan usage of internet surfing

Dubdub
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM
That is how it works automatically. As said above, if the WiFi connection is saved, the device automatically connects.