PDA

View Full Version : Treo no Mas... finally took the BB leap. Newbie questions

genearch
02-02-2006, 04:07 AM
My 3rd Treo 650 failed tonight. After spending a fair amount of time with Verizon CS, they made me a pretty good deal on a 7130e.

Q1: Is the 7130e the exact same form factor as the "7100r" I am already using the ProClip device for my Treo and would like to replace the holder section.

Will This one (http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpath=143&pageid=8815&processor=content&pcategoryid=13735&categoryid=14096&p_origin=143&p_sectionid=143&p_pageid=8900&p_processor=asp&p_asp_processor=product&p_action=proclipcategorysearch&p_ppagecategoryid=&p_pagecategoryid=&p_pcategoryid=13735&p_categoryid=14096&p_sitecategoryid=&p_year=) work?

Q2: I don't really want to load it up with apps, but would like replacements for my SplashShopper, SplashID and today screen app.

Is this the best route:

Splashshopper --> ShopMagic (I don't need a desktop conduit)
SplashID --> CryptMagic+Desktop
Today Screen --> Pocketday

With all of that said, I'm primarily a Mac user so the timing of the free PocketMac is great, though I have a PC @<hidden> home that I could use for CryptMagic. I'd prefer to have a desktop conduit for the CryptMagic app to help get loaded and also import my SplashData info. By chance is there an equal app for the Mac?

Thanks folks... glad to be here!