PDA

View Full Version : Wrong number in voicemail?

kwilkins
02-02-2006, 08:27 AM
When I hold down the 1 key to dial Cingular voicemail on my 8700 it returns a screen saying “Invalid Phone Number.”

I’ve never put a number in there and don’t know what the number should be or how to change it.

Can anyone help?

Ken

juwaack68
02-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Sounds like it's trying to access your Speed Dial list. Go into the phone icon, click the wheel and click on View Speed Dial List. From there you can see what numbers are programmed to what keys and can edit/assign numbers.

Wiseass
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
In the phone screen, wheel-click and goto options

Select Voice Mail

Section for #, you may need to contact your carrier for the voicemail #, mine is different than the phone # (these are from the emulator, so dont use these #'s, I dunno what they're from)

lunchboxfett
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Try changing your voice mail number to 630-699-1203

kwilkins
02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
In the phone screen, wheel-click and goto options

Select Voice Mail

Section for #, you may need to contact your carrier for the voicemail #, mine is different than the phone # (these are from the emulator, so dont use these #'s, I dunno what they're from)

It was not assinged. I got it fixed now, thanks.

Wiseass
02-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Glad it worked, curious as to if you used the 630 number or another one? Seems like if its not a local call for you (not in/around chicago) then yould want a diff number. Why doesn't cingular use the phone # for voicemail?

Modeler
02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I get the same number and changing the Access Number doesn't help. I tried my number there, also tried 1+my number, also tried that suggested 630 number above. Nothing helps!

I simply programmed my number into Contacts list and assigned it to letter V for speed dial. But it's annoying that the very basic functionality of holding down 1 doesn't work.

ndiggy999
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, how did you get this to work? For some reason I am not able to type in a number and assign it, I have to use a number in my address book and I really do not want to have "Voice Mail" in my address book.

Never-mind - I did a hard reset and it fixed the problem (i.e. I removed the battery).

rel12561
02-06-2006, 10:47 PM
When I hold down the 1 key to dial Cingular voicemail on my 8700 it returns a screen saying “Invalid Phone Number.”

I’ve never put a number in there and don’t know what the number should be or how to change it.

Can anyone help?

Ken

Ken, by chance did you upgrade from another blackberry where you backed up the old BB and then did a restore to the new 8700? If so, that will wipe your voicemail speed dial...not sure what old setting did it, but I spent 3 days trying to figure it out. I was able to consistenly create the bahvior...so something was mucking with VM 1 key. Try wiping the BB by reinstalling the system software and that should bring it back as that's what worked for me. I hope you haven't loaded a lot of stuff though.

MrChairman
05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
As odd as this may seem, here's what I did for a Nextel 7520:

Deleted speed dial voicemail entry for 1 or W
Cleared the device event log by holding ALT L G L G
Took out the battery, rebooted, and it worked

Every time I tried editing the number through Phone log > Options > Voicemail it would revert back to the wrong number. Deleting the speed dial entry and pulling the battery did not work until I cleared the even log. Clearing the log was the KEY.