PDA

View Full Version : Adding another email account

paisano
02-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Right now I only get emails sent to my corporate email account on Exchange server. Is it possible to access my hotmail account too at the same time?
Does this have to be done by an admin if you use blackberry enterprise server?

Thanks

d_fisher
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes, you can get other email accounts on your BlackBerry. Up to 10 accounts actually. You can not forward Hotmail messages to your BlackBerry, you must have Hotmail Plus (pay version of Hotmail).

No, your BES admin does not have to do anything, and probably won't help you as it is outside their control. On the same note, your BES admin can block you being able to setup outside email accounts on your BlackBerry. It all depends if they have a particular policy enabled.

If you dont know how to setup additional accounts, search this forum for BIS or BWC.

KonTiki
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
And rather than setting up a whole bunch for different addresses and having to poll the accounts, it is best to set up a gmail account, forward all your emails to it and then forward that one email account from gmail to the blackberry (thats assuming that your IT department has not prevented you from doing this laready like d_fisher mentioned above via IT Policy).

JMEEKS
02-05-2006, 01:33 AM
I actually get my hotmail account forwarded to my 7100i. I don't remember having any problems setting up. I have my work email and gmail account forwarded directly as well. I use free hotmail. All with no BES.

rohardi
02-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I had hotmail set up for free when I first got my bb, I didn't pay anything. I however deleated it due to the fact that is where most of my junck mail ends up