PDA

View Full Version : HELP;BB internet packege in europe

walkidi
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
I want to ask ... I am Indonesian citizen, and my wife was working on a cruise ship in europe .. (UK, spain, portugal, italy,france. etc)
do you think, if my wife use blackberry, what sim card can be used in all these countries, which are cheap, so that he could use Blackberry service (BIS) to stay in touch with me every day ..
thanks...

juwaack68
10-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I would recommend contacting your carrier to find out what needs to be done.

And I deleted your other post - please don't double-post questions.

walkidi
10-20-2011, 09:28 AM
I would recommend contacting your carrier to find out what needs to be done.

And I deleted your other post - please don't double-post questions.

iam sorry moderator..

dc/dc
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM
There are no cheap SIM cards that can be used for BlackBerry service in all of those countries.

walkidi
10-21-2011, 05:09 AM
I could be discharged 100USD a month, I think could be cheaper with (BBM)blackberries.

dc/dc
10-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I could be discharged 100USD a month, I think could be cheaper with (BBM)blackberries.

No, it won't be. There is no SIM card for all of the EU. Each country has their own providers, and you would be charged roaming in any country besides the one from which the card was purchased. Further, not every country allows BlackBerry usage on pay as you go, which is what your wife would have to use as she cannot legally sign a contract in the EU.

Therefore, you add up the cost of purchasing a SIM card in each country (usually €10) plus enough topup credit to activate the line and get BlackBerry data service (€10-20), possible roaming charges, etc., and you are looking at probably €200 (approx. $275) per month minimum.

The best thing I can suggest to you is to get your wife a laptop and use Skype over WiFi.

walkidi
10-22-2011, 12:04 PM
if only in uk,spain,and portugal.. still can not?

dc/dc
10-22-2011, 09:51 PM
if only in uk,spain,and portugal.. still can not?

No, still can not. Please listen to me. I speak the truth from personal experience.

walkidi
10-22-2011, 11:31 PM
No, still can not. Please listen to me. I speak the truth from personal experience.

ok thank..

walkidi
10-23-2011, 10:20 AM

iam so sorry,once again..if only in spain and portugal,still can not?

dc/dc
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
iam so sorry,once again..if only in spain and portugal,still can not?

No, still cannot. If she gets a SIM card in Spain, roaming rates will apply in Portugal. If she gets one in Portugal, roaming rates apply in Spain. And again, she would need a contract, which she cannot get.