PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile 8700 pic,....just a matter of time

ntusing
02-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I'd say March most likely. Looks way better than Cingular's and with much better plans.

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/1416/0/

nsbalt
02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I actually like the look of the 8700c better than the pictures of the 8700T. I just got the the 8700c (at zero cost through a contact - -although I am having a challenge getting the unlock code for it). I wanna stay with T-Mobile - - as they do have the best plans out there. Blue just does not look professional to me. Just my opinion.

zero1
02-03-2006, 04:30 PM
your right nsbalt,

last month i walked into the board room at work, pulled out my blue 7290 and was thrown out because of the color of my device. 2 days later i was fired!

Soapm
02-03-2006, 11:10 PM
your right nsbalt,

last month i walked into the board room at work, pulled out my blue 7290 and was thrown out because of the color of my device. 2 days later i was fired!

Maybe you call the NAACB or afirmative action people.

thatboiwes
02-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I actually prefer the smoaky grey look of the 8700c over the blue of T-Mobile's. Personally, I like for everything to match and blue doesn't go well with everything. Grey, on the other hand, does.

AlbertoM
02-03-2006, 11:40 PM
your right nsbalt,

So! You are the one!!!!

AlbertoM
02-03-2006, 11:40 PM
I'd say March most likely. Looks way better than Cingular's and with much better plans.

Looks better, perhaps to you? :smile:

Love all those absolutes.......

dave3000
02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
yuck.

dolly
02-04-2006, 02:52 AM
It looks black on the T-Mobile's UK website, unless there's something wrong with my eyesight or computer screen... http://www.t-mobile.co.uk

Hope this helps!

anthonyc
02-04-2006, 06:10 AM
the 8700g looks much better then the 8700c. thats why im waiting for it. the 8700c looks generic.

ntusing
02-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Poor nsbalt. I hope he finds another job with another compnay that has policies against blueberry discrimination. This is a serious problem in the world and we are all just the people to fight back. Who's in?

ntusing
02-04-2006, 09:07 AM
It looks black on the T-Mobile's UK website, unless there's something wrong with my eyesight or computer screen... http://www.t-mobile.co.uk

Hope this helps!

Actually, I think it's a darker blue than the 7200 series. To each his own. I hope this is the same that is released in the states. Jeez we are bored people, discussing colors.

anthonymoody
02-04-2006, 09:08 AM
You guys who prefer the look of the 8700c sound like folks who have already purchased the 8700c to use on TMo and regret it ;)

TM

nsbalt
02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
You guys who prefer the look of the 8700c sound like folks who have already purchased the 8700c to use on TMo and regret it ;)

TM
Why do we regret it?

nsbalt
02-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Poor nsbalt. I hope he finds another job with another compnay that has policies against blueberry discrimination. This is a serious problem in the world and we are all just the people to fight back. Who's in?

Well maybe "professional" was not the best word to use.... just seems the "blue" color is not as hi-tec - slick looking as black or the silver/gray color - - - again, it is all a matter of opinion.

anthonymoody
02-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Why do we regret it?

b/c the TMo version is so obviously better looking and more user friendly due to the changes made to the key sizes.

TM

nsbalt
02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
b/c the TMo version is so obviously better looking and more user friendly due to the changes made to the key sizes.

TM

"Better looking" is your opinion - - which is fine. You may be correct about the key sizes - - however, improvements are a never ending cycle in the technology world - - Do I regret the 8700c - - absolutely not.

anthonymoody
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
That's what the wink was for in my original post. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But it's amazing how a product already purchased tends to look prettier in the eye of the buyer.

;)

TM

Jelly Bean
02-04-2006, 09:19 PM
cool, where do you all get these different icons and screen shots from????

Jelly Bean
02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
oops that other message was wrong thread...what I meant to say here was the t mobile BB looks like it has some nice gripping grooves down toward the bottom. The screen and icon comment was for the have some fun and learning thread.

berrylovr
02-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Hi,
Won't be March...have not done any training on it yet. For the MDA & SDA, we did training in the beginning of January, and it will be out after Valentine's day.
Peace,
Gillian

masonfoley
02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi,
Won't be March...have not done any training on it yet. For the MDA & SDA, we did training in the beginning of January, and it will be out after Valentine's day.
Peace,
Gillian

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. You say "Won't be March..." because no one has been "trained" yet. From this post, I am inferring a couple of things 1) You work for T-Mobile 2) You are relative newcomer at 10 posts and 3) it seems the TMobile offering will come later than March as a result. In other words, the training milestone has not been achieved yet which appears to be a pre-requisite for the release of the 8700t. I only mention the "relative newcomer" in that I'm not sure you've been properly introduced to this community. I don't believe I've encountered any previous posts that would have helped me to understand who you are. If I'm supposed to know you are an employee of T-Mobile, I'm sorry I missed that part.

But then you say "it" will be out after Valentine's Day after you mention "MDA & SDA" training. What is "it"? I, personally, do not know what "MDA" and "SDA" stand for. Perhaps you can elaborate? Is this something that is related to the 8700t and T-Mobile's eventual offering of the device?

Please clarify.

anthonyc
02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
mda and sda are new phones being released by tmobile this month.

Liv
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I know that T-Mobile is cheaper with their plans, but I am really concerned that the coverage is pretty cruddy in the states that I will be going back and forth between. That is the ONLY reason I could never go to T-Mobile

anthonymoody
02-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Which states?
TM

thatboiwes
02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Which states?
TM

I know that where I live (Tyler, Texas) it gets horrible service. A buddy of mine had a Sidekick and it never worked.

BES admin
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I like any of the 8700 models, but blue? That's soooo 2 years ago guys!

Black is even going out of style, the "in color" is grey!

Tmobile has always had crappy reception anywhere I used it. Their maps say it all. If you compare them to Cingular or Verizon, their coverage is minimal at best in the states (ALL OF THEM).

I do like their rates though, but their rates are the way they are because you pay less but sacrifice the coverage.

Just MHO 8-)

blkberryboy
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I have been with T-Mo for the last 4 years and can honestly say I have had the same expirence with them as with any carrier except NEXTEL in my opinion. Price drew me in and quality and price kept me. I am not here to sell someone on T-Mo, but would suggest not ruling them out. In my area (SE Michigan) I find I have very few issues. I travel to central NY(Syracuse) every 4-6 weeks and never have anymore issues with T-Mo than as with any other carrier.

I agree with BB admin, Grey is the "new black". The 7290 blue did grow on me but wqas always jelous of the Cingular black. At least they changed the scheme of the 7100 to a black color. The 8700 will be a dark blue giving an almost black appearence, thet is what I have heard from differnt posts on this forum.

Liv
02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I like the grey one :)

Here is why I don't think I can choose T-Mo

I am in San Antonio right now, and I know I would get great service, but on the outside (like Bandera and Hill Country) I know I would not be able to.

And I am only in Texas for 6 months more. After that I would need it within a 60 Mile radius of Chattanooga TN and a 60 mile radius of Louisville KY all the metro areas show good coverage, but I won't be living in the metro areas. That is why I feel I need to pick Cingular.

CingularMK
02-09-2006, 04:57 AM
T-mobile is not nation wide.

They piggyback on OUR network (cingular)

Slower/worse data coverage with all blackberries, why do you think it's cheaper?

blkberryboy
02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
why do you think it's cheaper?

Try less overhead for one thing. Normal business model is:
Cost of Production(goods & Services)+Profit Margin=sales price.
Since T-Mo piggybacks on the Cingular network, they don't have the overhead of tower construction and mainenence etc. Just one of several factors that make the cost of production lower. PS. All electric companies piggy back on everyones power lines same for telephone, thank you deregulation. Thats all I will say on that, I'm not here to debate capitalism.

The data is clocked slower, EDGE vs GRPS, but T-Mo will soon roll out EDGE. Like I said, for me T-Mo is great, but it's not for everybody.

NJBlackBerry
02-09-2006, 08:50 AM
T-Mo piggybacks on the Cingular network?
Really.... I dispute your statement.

blkberryboy
02-09-2006, 09:14 AM
CingularMK asked why we thought they were cheaper, I used the towers as an example. I see now i should have re-worded the example.

Im just trying to illustrate some holes in CingularMK statement. I am fully aware T-Mobile has their own towers and am aware that they do have roaming agreement in place with Cingular. A lot of ropaming agreement were created due to deregulation in the Power & Communication arena. Basically these acts were put in place so we dont have thoushand of towers and powerline across our landscape. The Federal Goverment has set in place on the power side FERC Order 888(around 1996/7)that already existiong power grid can be used by any entity providing they have permission and there is ample room to provide free trade. As such the parties owning the lines can charge for the space used on their grid providing they have filed the rates withe the FERC. The telecommunications market has very similar agreements in place(estabilished orig. in the early 1980's when the Bells were broke up, and has been revised in the recent era for wireless usage and data usage.

But back to the orig post...I wish the 8700t was going to be Grey. But I'll get it just the same.

anthonyc
02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
i prefer black

DuckWingDuck
02-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Hello all, new user so please pardon the question if it's been asked elsewhere but is it possible to use a non-TMO BB (say, an unlocked 8700c from Cingular or my real preference, an 8700r from north of the border) with TMO? And will I need to subscribe to TMO's BB service? Many thanks in advance.

NJBlackBerry
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi whatda -

1) You could have started a new thread, but any way...
2) This question has been asked sooo many times, but any way...
3) A quick search would have helped, but any way...

Yes, you can use a non T-Mobile device on T-Mobile. Many of us do that now. It must be unlocked and you MUST subscribe to the BlackBerry Data Plan. Otherwise you will have a really expensive phone with no Internet or e-mail.

You may have difficulty getting the 8700r unlocked; my 8700c was unlocked by GSMPhoneSource with no problems.

DuckWingDuck
02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
NJBlackBerry - Sorry about that! Will definitely try to take advantage of the search functions next time and thanks for the help.

etaylor9
02-09-2006, 07:38 PM
It's Blue alright, and it almost looks black as it's so dark. I have mind and it looks way better than grey..

nb_mitch
02-10-2006, 10:48 AM
T-mobile is not nation wide. They piggyback on OUR network (cingular) Slower/worse data coverage with all blackberries, why do you think it's cheaper?

I am currently a Cingular customer, former ATT, which I switched from Sprint because of coverage in my area (DisneyWorld). I was happy with ATT for the year before being switched to Cingular for BB service. I was happy for the first 4 months of BB, no issues, no data charges, everything good. Then I broke my 7290 BB in a motorcycle accident in October and it has been downhill since. First I ordered a replacement and got 2, billed for 2, returned 1 immediately, swapped the other 2 weeks later for an 8700. It is now mid-Feb and I have still not been refunded for the $460 for the 2 7290s plus taxes. But the worst part is the data charges that started with my first replacement. Every month I have had $25, $40, $51 in data charges which never appeared before the replacement. I have also had double BB unlimited charges. They have all been refunded, but I would guess in the last 3 months I have had to call Cingular at least a dozen times and spent at least 6 hours on the phone total. Everytime they claim to fix the problem, but I am sure when I get my next bill, I will be calling them again.

I am at my breaking point and have seriously considered switching to T-Mobile as I have never heard anyone complain about usage charges there. I don't mind breaking my contract, paying to have it unlocked if I have too, I have had enough. Now, if they would just refund the $460 they owe me.

lgreenberg
02-10-2006, 09:45 PM
T-Mo piggybacks on the Cingular network?
Really.... I dispute your statement.

I think he must be referring to the roaming agreements T-Mobile has in place to allow it's users to use to use Cingular's network when T-Mobile's coverage in not available.

anthonymoody
02-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, and to me that's a *good* thing, not a bad thing when looking at TMobile. You don't pay roaming charges when you roam off network, and to my knowledge we get EDGE if we happen to roam where they have EDGE and TMo has no coverage (not many places) and we pay waaaaaaaaaaay less for waaaaaaaaaaay better customer service.

TMo rocks.
TM

lgreenberg
02-11-2006, 08:50 AM
The problem is the roaming agreements don't exist everywhere.

Stinsonddog
02-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So how often do we wake up to this thread. Just a matter of time. Let's have a quiz. What vinyl album could you play backwards and hear the words "the music is reversible but time is not". Good luck.

BJNY
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
I agree with BB admin, Grey is the "new black". The 7290 blue did grow on me but wqas always jelous of the Cingular black. At least they changed the scheme of the 7100 to a black color. The 8700 will be a dark blue giving an almost black appearence, thet is what I have heard from differnt posts on this forum.

I like the look of the new 8700v (http://www.rimarkable.com/images/BlackBerry8700v.jpg). I wonder if T-Mobile USA will be offerng the dark blue or grey scheme.

anthonymoody
02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
The problem is the roaming agreements don't exist everywhere.

How's that? To my knowledge it's a national agreement, no?

TM

anthonymoody
02-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

So how often do we wake up to this thread. Just a matter of time. Let's have a quiz. What vinyl album could you play backwards and hear the words "the music is reversible but time is not". Good luck.

I'll see your "music is reversible" and raise you a "turn me on dead man". . .

TM

phillyslickster
02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I am currently a Cingular customer, former ATT, which I switched from Sprint because of coverage in my area (DisneyWorld). I was happy with ATT for the year before being switched to Cingular for BB service. I was happy for the first 4 months of BB, no issues, no data charges, everything good. Then I broke my 7290 BB in a motorcycle accident in October and it has been downhill since. First I ordered a replacement and got 2, billed for 2, returned 1 immediately, swapped the other 2 weeks later for an 8700. It is now mid-Feb and I have still not been refunded for the $460 for the 2 7290s plus taxes. But the worst part is the data charges that started with my first replacement. Every month I have had $25, $40, $51 in data charges which never appeared before the replacement. I have also had double BB unlimited charges. They have all been refunded, but I would guess in the last 3 months I have had to call Cingular at least a dozen times and spent at least 6 hours on the phone total. Everytime they claim to fix the problem, but I am sure when I get my next bill, I will be calling them again.

I am at my breaking point and have seriously considered switching to T-Mobile as I have never heard anyone complain about usage charges there. I don't mind breaking my contract, paying to have it unlocked if I have too, I have had enough. Now, if they would just refund the $460 they owe me.

I feel your pain. I have had an increase in by bill since October 2005 and I'm not showing any overages on my account and CIngular can never explain it. It was not until December that I received a credit but it didn't account for all of the prior increased amounts on my bill. My bill went up a lot in January, but has come down some on the February bill. Of course, I'm still not showing any overages nor any purchases of games, ringtones, etc. Yet, no one at Cingular can help me--not even managers. I was going to wait until my contract ended this summer, but I don't think that will happen. Good luck to you whatever you decide.