PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth File transfer - 8520 Failed to find service

daveinmanc
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Hello people

As the title says . . . . this has been like this for the past week or so now out of the blue and after searching around i'm no closer to finding an answer. . . .

I turn bluetooth services on, the phone sees my laptop and tells me it's connected, I try and send a photo, then i get the file transfer failed message . . . . . seems i'm not alone and no-one's getting a definitive solution so I thought i'd ask here and see what happens . . . . . .

TIA

:smile:

dc/dc
11-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't believe that BlackBerry devices support direct file transfer. However, you can sync it with Desktop Manager over Bluetooth.

Motorcycle Mama
11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't know about the 8520, but I have always been able to send files via Bluetooth to and from my BlackBerry starting with the 8330.

Need more information about the computer.

dc/dc
11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
BES policies can also affect it.

daveinmanc
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Bluetooth was working fine as mentioned up until a week or so ago, don't remember the precise day I found out, I don't bluetooth pics to the laptop that regularly - don't see that it's a laptop problem, it was working without issue but for the record it's a Lenovo T61 thinkpad running Linux Mint 11, I've always been able to bluetooth files with it, it's just worked . . . .

The only thing I've changed recently is going from a rolling monthly contract back to paygo on O2, can't see that having any bearing though . . . . .

Thanks for the replies :)

devnull
11-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Have you tried rebooting the laptop and a battery pull on the phone?

daveinmanc
11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Hi Dev yeah pretty much everything, deleting the devices, rebooting the laptop and battery pulls, it's bizarre . . . . i can select a photo, go to send using bluetooth which then prompts to turn bluetooth on, I do that and the laptop is there straight away, top of the list and it tells me connection succeeded.

It is then selected and straight away goes to 'failed to find service' !

I'll ask around on the Linux mint forum too i think just to see if anyone there's had the same problem, it seems a few have on various platforms aqcross the board - Linux/Windoze/Mac so it doesn't appear to be down to a particular OS :???: