PDA

View Full Version : Is synchronization with Outlook one-way?

Malarky22
02-03-2006, 09:42 AM
If I make changes on my 7130e, will those changes be synced with outlook?
I am trying to clean up my address book, because there are a lot of duplicate entries (on the 7130e).

When I look at my outlook contacts list, there are no duplicates. I'm not sure how this happened on my blackberry. If I delete the duplicate entry on the blackberry, will this affect my outlook contacts list?

Finally, is there a way to reconcile the address book, similar to the email inbox?

Thanks,
CB

rico1204
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Outlook reconciliation is 2 way for me. Also, I'm on BES. I often change/add/delete contacts and tasks on my 7100t, and within a few seconds see that change in Outlook.

jontalotta
02-03-2006, 01:08 PM
If I make changes on my 7130e, will those changes be synced with outlook?

I am trying to clean up my address book, because there are a lot of duplicate entries (on the 7130e).

When I look at my outlook contacts list, there are no duplicates. I'm not sure how this happened on my blackberry. If I delete the duplicate entry on the blackberry, will this affect my outlook contacts list?

Finally, is there a way to reconcile the address book, similar to the email inbox?
The availability of PIM function wireless reconciliation (like contacts) will depend on what version BES your admin is running. Check with your BES admin to see if it is available for you.

Also, you can set your handheld contacts options to disallow duplicate names.

JT