PDA

View Full Version : BES in conjunction with Desktop Redirector

sandy.nextel
02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi, I am a blackberry support rep for nextel, and I have ran into 2 accounts that are doing this. Now tell me if I am wrong, why would anyone need to synch to the redirector if they are wirelessly synching through BEZ. Please help me understand this crazy process.

BlackBerryLinks
02-03-2006, 04:44 PM
The redirector or to sync with the Desktop Manager?

Regards,
Bob

sandy.nextel
02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks Bob, but let me define my scenario a little better. BES is located in another city, a remote location orders blackberries, why couldnt I just call BES administrator and add them into BES? Type in email address and assigned password, and click activate and within 15 minutes Activation Complete? The current scenario is, to connect to Desktop Manager/Redirctor and then Intellisync and then they say it automatically populates PIN to BES in the other city. I just dont understand the whole redirector inconjuction with BES. Is it because it is a remote location??

BlackBerryLinks
02-04-2006, 06:39 PM
No not because it is a remote location. It is maybe because they have not yet BlackBerry Handheld Software (BlackBerryOS) 4.x and/or BES 4.x

Regards,
Bob

BES admin
02-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Sandy...

Do you know what version of BES is being used? If isn't 4.x, wireless synchronization doesn't work until 4.x as I recall (never used anything but 4.x)

It is possible that the remote site you talk of has a BES admin who may not understand Wireless Synchronization yet? Maybe they just migrated to 4.x and they need to get up to speed on the new Enterprise activation process.

Just my 2cents.

sandy.nextel
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Definately going to look into the 4.x option. But then the problem is getting them to upgrade and getting them to change. You know how that goes over-badly, I might add.